I was in the Boy Scouts for about a year or two when I was a boy. I don't recall making it to Eagle Scout.
What I do recall is a camping trip we took. I and the kids I was with baked this super-fabulous, super-tasty cherry pie. It was one of the best things I've ever tasted in my life. Not simply because we cooked it, but because it came out perfect. I wish I saved a piece so that I could munch on it now - haha!
We went through a course that was set up by the councilors. One of the tasks that we had to complete was figuring out how to get the rope over a tree branch throwing it from a spot about fifty feet away. We had to stay behind a line.
All of us kids took turns tossing the rope. None of could figure out how to get the rope to go more than twenty feet without falling down to the ground.
When our time had ended, we did not complete the task. The counselor came over, rolled up the rope, and said, "All you had to do was pick up the rope the way you found it and toss." He tossed the rope, and it went over the branch with ease like a punter making a field goal from the goal line.
Freewrite brought to you by @mariannewest
If you would like to find out what freewriting is all about, go here.
If you are enjoying my work -
- Upvote my posts through steem auto and add the other people and groups you would like to support.
- The Most Dangerous Writing App - This program keeps me from getting to bogged down with what I think is the perfect way. It forces me to keep writing no matter what comes to mind.
- Grammarly - I use this app all the time to catch my mistakes. If I didn't have a spell checker, you would be lost in my world. haha!
- Hemmingway App: Another useful tool to help you make your writing more clear, comprehensive, and easier to understand.
- Steem World: After the @ symbol, enter your name or anyone elses name to see a host of information regarding what is going on with an account.
- Pixabay: Photo that you can use freely in your blog posts.
My Completed Freewriting prompts:
|Ongoing Stories||Numbered in Order of Story's Progression|
|Detective Story||#1 Trolley #2 Flea #3 Awakening|
|Suspense/Horror||#1 Late #2 Banana #3 Paper #4 Tree #5 5 #6 Home Alone #7 Doctor’s Office|
|The Stall||#1 Medium #2 The Stall #3 The Stall #4 Mice #5 Detective #6 Homeless #7 Eyebrows #8 40 Percent Off #9 One Year #10 The Stall|
|Church||#1 Church #2 Ornate #3 Chips #4 State|
|#52 Caterpillar||#85 Wildflower|
|The Crooked Umbrella||The Picture||The Chair That I’m Strapped To||A Common Ending|
|Withdrawal||Richard’s Surprise||The Trap||Canyon Making You Crazy?|
|The Hawk||Emerge from the Depths|