What I Learnt Today : 10 Unknown Amazing Facts About Animals - Part LXIII
(1) Here’s a tidbit that might be useful if you plan on becoming the next Steve Irwin: To escape the grip of a crocodile’s jaw, push your thumb into its eyeball – It will let you go instantly.
(2) You might want to thank a squirrel the next time you enjoy the shade of a tree. Millions of trees are accidentally planted by squirrels that bury nuts and then forget where they hid them.
(3) The earliest European images of dogs are found in cave paintings dating back 12,000 years ago in Spain.
(4) If a honeybee keeps waggle dancing in favor of an unpopular nesting site, other workers headbutt her to help the colony reach a consensus.
(5) When a rabbit is happy it will sometimes jump in the air twist it’s body. This is called a binky.
(6) The Tyrannosaurus Rex went extinct 65 million years ago.
(7) Considered to be the loudest land animals, howler monkeys create loud, guttural sounds to defend their turf, that can travel up to 3 miles (4.8 km).
Rabbit shows happiness
(8) When a honey bee sucks up nectar from a flower though its proboscis, some of it goes into the main stomach to be used as food for energy. The remaining goes into a special stomach to be processed into honey.
(9) The electric eel can deliver enough electricity to knock down a fully grown horse. One of the most formidable predators in the animal kingdom, an electric eel's body has specialized cells that can emit 600 volts of current.
(10) Like humans, horses use facial expressions to communicate with each other. They move the muscles around the nostrils, lips and eyes to create different expressions that help them, in a way, talk to each other. As of now, 17 different horse expressions have been identified.
horses use facial expressions to communicate with each other
Previous Episodes :
Part-I, Part-II, Part-III, Part-IV,Part-V, Part VI, Part VII, Part VIII, Part IX, Part X, Part XI, Part XII, Part XIII, Part XIV, Part XV, Part XVI, Part XVII, Part XVIII, Part XIX, Part XX, Part XXI, Part XXII, Part XXIII, Part XXIV, Part XXV, Part XXVI, Part XXVII, Part XXVIII, Part XXIX, Part XXX, Part XXXI, Part XXXII, Part XXXIII, Part XXXIV, Part XXXV, Part XXXVI, Part XXXVII, Part XXXVIII, Part XXXIX, Part XL, Part XLI, Part XLII, Part XLIII, Part XLIV, Part XLV, Part XLVI, Part XLVII, Part XLVIII, Part XLIX, Part L, Part LI, Part LII, Part LIII,Part LIV,Part LV,Part LVI,Part LVII,Part LVIII,Part LIX,Part LX,Part LXI,Part LXII
follow me on steemit AND resteem it
>>Thanks to @elyaque for designing my badges :)<<
MY STATS REPUTATION SCORE : 68.7 | TOTAL FOLLOWERS : 795 TOTAL BLOG POSTS : 588 | TOTAL LIKES : 41564 TOTAL EARNINGS : $7777.43