What I Learnt Today : 10 Unknown Amazing Facts About Animals - Part XXI
(1) The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
(2) The dumbest dog in the world is the Afghan hounds.
(3) The phrase “raining cats and dogs” originated in seventeenth-century England. During heavy rainstorms, many homeless animals would drown and float down the streets, giving the appearance that it had actually rained cats and dogs.
(4) The kangaroo’s ancestors lived in trees. Today there are eight different kinds of tree kangaroos.
(5) A whale’s heart beats only nine times a minute.
(6) The breeding age for male goats is between 8-10 months.
(7) Dogs can see in colour, though they most likely see colours similar to a colour-blind human.
(8) It costs approximately $10,000 to train a federally certified search and rescue dog.
(9) An adult lion’s roar is so loud; it can be heard up to five miles away.
(10) Moose have very poor vision. Some have even tried to mate with cars.
Previous Episodes :
Part-I, Part-II, Part-III, Part-IV,Part-V, Part VI, Part VII, Part VIII, Part IX, Part X, Part XI, Part XII, Part XIII, Part XIV, Part XV, Part XVI, Part XVII, Part XVIII, Part XIX, Part XX
follow me on steemit AND resteem it
>>Thanks to @elyaque for designing my badges :)<<
MY STATS REPUTATION SCORE : 68.1 | TOTAL FOLLOWERS : 327 TOTAL BLOG POSTS : 426 | TOTAL LIKES : 25267 TOTAL EARNINGS : $2773.21