What I Learnt Today : 10 Unknown Amazing Facts About Animals - Part XXXIV
(1) A tarantula spider can survive for more than two years without any food.
(2) Honeybees can taste with their feet. And honey is believed to have an eternal shelf life.
(3) Oysters can change gender depending on which is best for mating. Talk about successful adaptation.
(4) During World War II, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs.
(5) Lions inhabited many areas of europe until they were hunted to extinction in the region around 100 bce.
(6) Cats have survived falls of over 20 meters, due largely to their “righting reflex.”
(7) Always Dog’s nose remains wet because it helps to absorb scent chemicals.
(8) Dolphins can’t chew their food even they have 100 sharp teeth. They swallow it as a whole. They use their teeth to catch their prey only.
(9) Hippos secrete a reddish oily fluid – sometimes called pink sweat – that contains substances which act as water repellent, sunblock, skin moisturizer as well as an antibiotic!
(10) The Australian Barking Spider preys on small frogs and reptiles.
Hippo’s pink sweat
Previous Episodes :
Part-I, Part-II, Part-III, Part-IV,Part-V, Part VI, Part VII, Part VIII, Part IX, Part X, Part XI, Part XII, Part XIII, Part XIV, Part XV, Part XVI, Part XVII, Part XVIII, Part XIX, Part XX, Part XXI, Part XXII, Part XXIII, Part XXIV, Part XXV, Part XXVI, Part XXVII, Part XXVIII, Part XXIX, Part XXX, Part XXXI, Part XXXII, Part XXXIII
follow me on steemit AND resteem it
>>Thanks to @elyaque for designing my badges :)<<
MY STATS REPUTATION SCORE : 68.2 | TOTAL FOLLOWERS : 378 TOTAL BLOG POSTS : 445 | TOTAL LIKES : 26619 TOTAL EARNINGS : $2911.35