Two days ago, hundreds of Steemit users collectively received $1,600+ in an hour because I made 150 upvotes starting at 100% voting power on 80.7 mv during my live stream on YouTube and Facebook as seen below! What did I learn? How did viewers respond? What opportunities are there to repeat this type of event? Which posts did I upvote and in what order? Will you read this report for answers to these questions and more?
The number one thing I learned out of this was the necessity in having help finding the very most undervalued new posts on Steemit. It took me hours of research looking through just the comments on my post at https://steemit.com/curation/@jerrybanfield/live-usd1800-steemit-upvoting-from-100-to-0-voting-power-on-june-24 where I asked readers like you to share your posts with me for upvoting. Most of the posts I upvoted came from comments posted there with the challenge being the time required to read each post. My current top limitation is time because I have more opportunities than I know what to do with. While this might sound like a good thing at first, it makes me nearly completely ineffective at doing the most ordinary things like just being able to find great posts on Steemit.
After this post, I am planning in my next post to offer suggestions for the exact types of posts I want to read that will help me the most because after the live upvoting, it is clear I need to focus my upvotes on the posts that most are useful specifically to me. One suggestion will be to search Steemit for the most undervalued and helpful posts on Steemit. Making a great list of those will allow me quickly to upvote the original post and some of the posts included. @acidyo is already working on this as I showed in the video and upvoted in this post with his Operation Curation Delegation as explained at https://steemit.com/ocd/@acidyo/operation-curation-delegation-update-on-changes-and-a-community-poll. With a huge responsibility as a Steem whale to make my upvotes count, I see that I need a lot of help from those without much voting power and that have a lot of free time.
Another set of suggestions in the next post will feature topics I would love to research on my own that I will never make time for and that readers might love working on. For example, which out of the top 1000 Steem Power whales are easiest to get a vote from because they have a small amount of followers and make few posts but do interact on the posts they make? Give me about ten hours and I could come up with a list probably of 50 or so Steem whales to start building a relationship with today. My hope is that these topics are also really helpful for anyone that reads them!
Saving Voting Power
As the power of my vote continued to drop, it felt like I would probably be better off just voting down to a maximum of 60% or 70% each day to make sure my voting power never overflowed and wasted recharge at 100% and that every one of my votes contributed the most. Voting from 100% down to 3.5% means I have days still of reloading my voting power to even be able to do $10 on my own posts when at 100% I do $33. For voting out the most rewards, it seems staying in the 60% to 100% range is ideal practically in case a day is missed on Steemit to not ever let the vote sit unused at 100% and to keep in the higher end of the voting range. Whenever I have future plans that I believe will prevent me from using Steemit much for a few days, I likely will do more live streams voting all my power out.
Live Upvoting for Marketing
For anyone with a few thousand Steem power, doing a live upvoting is one of the best marketing tools I know of because it technically is not a giveaway or a contest meaning I see no need for following any of the rules related to those because you are just using Steemit. There is none of your own money involved making it the perfect opportunity for generously giving without any real expense! Any viewers that are not on Steemit are likely to be motivated to join and want to participate.
Earn with YouTube Superchat!
YouTube superchat allows viewers to pay to have their comment stand out among others and stay onscreen for around a minute for every $1 donated. I earned almost $100 in donations from YouTube superchat which is the best ever out of doing hundreds of live streams! People donated to make sure I upvoted their posts which is ideal because I did not have to spend any money to give them more in upvotes than they gave me in donations! For example, a two viewers gave $20 resulting in me following them and upvoting their posts for $30 to $40 each! Others gave $5 and received $10 to $20 in upvotes. Live YouTube Steemit upvoting is ideal for combining with donations, adding new followers, and upvotes. More YouTubers are certain to start following this format for future giveaways instead of the awkward and scammy systems frequently used now which can lead to videos getting flagged and even accounts getting suspended!
Which posts did I upvote?
Here is the list of posts I researched for hours to find prior to the live stream and voted on by the authors that wrote them in the order I voted on them with a few YouTube superchats coming in the middle!
- You never know what life is going to throw at you! @aarellanes https://steemit.com/life/@aarellanes/you-never-know-what-life-is-going-to-throw-at-you
- Can Steemit overtake Reddit? @jo3potato https://steemit.com/steemit/@jo3potato/can-steemit-overtake-reddit
- The difficulty of staying on track @jordanarsenault https://steemit.com/life/@jordanarsenault/the-difficulty-of-staying-on-track
- Raw Vegan Grocery Shopping -- Organic vs. Non-Organic? GMO vs. Non-GMO? @robertgenito https://steemit.com/vegan/@robertgenito/raw-vegan-grocery-shopping-organic-vs-non-organic-gmo-vs-non-gmo
- Is It Ethical To Eat Meat? @trafalgar https://steemit.com/life/@trafalgar/is-it-ethical-to-eat-meat
- CANCER can be healed without chemotherapy - Correct nutrition, lifestyle changes, detox and environmental changes are required. @ura-soul https://steemit.com/health/@ura-soul/cancer-can-be-healed-without-chemotherapy-correct-nutrition-lifestyle-changes-detox-and-environmental-changes-are-required
- Operation Curation Delegation - Update on changes and a Community Poll! @acidyo https://steemit.com/ocd/@acidyo/operation-curation-delegation-update-on-changes-and-a-community-poll
- Travel with me #70 : The Dig at the lost city of Atlantis ! @sweetsssj https://steemit.com/travel/@sweetsssj/travel-with-me-70-the-dig-at-the-lost-city-of-atlantis
- The Top 5 Reasons You Will Fail Miserably On Steemit: (Or How To Rock Your Rewards Like A Pro) @rok-sivante https://steemit.com/steemit/@rok-sivante/the-top-5-reasons-you-will-fail-miserably-on-steemit-or-how-to-rock-your-rewards-like-a-pro
- D5 - What is the Block Chain in 5 Minutes @starkerz https://steemit.com/blockchain/@starkerz/d5-what-is-the-block-chain-in-5-minutes
- Steemit Upvotes For Tipping in Real Life @gigafart https://steemit.com/steemit/@gigafart/steemit-upvotes-for-tipping-in-real-life
- We need a steem word for upvoting 100%, any ideas? @inventor16 https://steemit.com/steem/@inventor16/we-need-a-steem-word-for-upvoting-100-any-ideas
- [SUCCESSFUL] Steemit accelerator in Agra, India! @therv https://steemit.com/steemfest/@therv/successful-steemit-accelerator-in-agra-india
- EOS vs. Ethereum for Dummies! @trogdor https://steemit.com/eos/@trogdor/eos-vs-ethereum-for-dummies
- The European STEEM VAN and the Creative Retreat Dream Project - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT [1/250] @teamhumble https://steemit.com/steemvan/@teamhumble/the-european-steem-van-and-the-creative-retreat-dream-project-show-your-support-1-250
- Inside the Mind of a Reluctant Cam Girl, and How Steemit Could Change My Life @jessandthesea https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@jessandthesea/inside-the-mind-of-a-reluctant-cam-girl-and-how-steemit-could-change-my-life
- The 12 Stages Of Posting On Steemit - (Told In GIFs) @walkingkeys https://steemit.com/funny/@walkingkeys/the-12-stages-of-posting-on-steemit-told-in-gifs
- Steemit 2 Million More Website Hits In May @newmarket65 https://steemit.com/steemit/@newmarket65/steemit-2-million-more-website-hits-in-may
- ALIEN BODY FOUND IN PERU. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!! @samuelsilva https://steemit.com/discovery/@samuelsilva/alien-body-found-in-peru-this-changes-everything-2017622t4520689z
- 3 Ways to gain interest from your Bitcoin holdings in the upcoming 20 days @coinlend https://steemit.com/interest/@coinlend/3-ways-to-gain-interest-from-your-bitcoin-holdings-in-the-upcoming-20-days
- Ethereum is over $300! Would you have liked to buy in when it was $3? NOW YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO DO SO! @cryptocentral https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@cryptocentral/ethereum-is-over-usd300-would-you-have-liked-to-buy-in-when-it-was-usd3-now-you-have-the-chance-to-do-so
- "The Power of Steem" : Help us teach Cyprus about Steemit! @deimus https://steemit.com/steemit/@deimus/the-power-of-steem-help-us-teach-cyprus-about-steemit
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE @restlesswanderer https://steemit.com/life/@restlesswanderer/how-to-make-your-dreams-come-true
- How To Succeed on STEEMIT - Quick Guide For Everyone ! @jigarparmar519 https://steemit.com/steemit/@jigarparmar519/how-to-succeed-on-steemit-quick-guide-for-everyone
- Dear Mom and Dad, I'm Sorry I Tried To Kill Myself 18 Years Ago, And I'm Sorry I Neglected To Assure You It Would Never Happen Again. @jessandthesea https://steemit.com/story/@jessandthesea/dear-mom-and-dad-i-m-sorry-i-tried-to-kill-myself-18-years-ago-and-i-m-sorry-i-neglected-to-assure-you-it-would-never-happen
- Why To "Never Give Up" My Journey And How To Make Yours As Hopeful As Mine. @surprisebit https://steemit.com/life/@surprisebit/why-to-never-give-up-my-journey-and-how-to-make-yours-as-hopeful-as-mine
- Theres only one person you should compare yourself to!! Stay postive, work hard and you will succeed. @oliverjryan https://steemit.com/life/@oliverjryan/theres-only-one-person-you-should-compare-yourself-to-stay-postive-work-hard-and-you-will-succeed
- Giveaway as a Token Distribution strategy @furion https://steemit.com/token/@furion/giveaway-as-a-token-distribution-strategy
- First FREE Steemit Promotional Summer T-Shirt @nixthehammer https://steemit.com/steemit/@nixthehammer/first-free-steemit-promotional-summer-t-shirt
- SteemB — A Simple and Incredible 'Steem Mining' Principle @aircoin https://steemit.com/steemit/@aircoin/steemb-a-simple-and-incredible-steem-mining-principle
- Vlog #36: Thoughts on Steemprice and a question about Rewards vs Votingpower. @exyle https://steemit.com/life/@exyle/vlog-35-thoughts-on-steemprice-and-a-question-about-rewards-vs-votingpower
- Insanely HIGH Bitcoin fee! - HELP?? @slayerkm https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@slayerkm/insanely-high-bitcoin-fee-help
- What advancements in crypto-mining hardware would YOU deem necessary/advised given the current state of it...? @geodesix https://steemit.com/crypto/@geodesix/what-advancements-in-crypto-mining-hardware-would-you-deem-necessary-advised-given-the-current-state-of-it
- A Million Dollars Worth of Dirt @tishyaoedit https://steemit.com/art/@tishyaoedit/a-million-dollars-worth-of-dirt
- How to draw a 'Still life' step by step - Cómo dibujar un Bodegón paso a paso. @aneblueberry https://steemit.com/art/@aneblueberry/how-to-draw-a-still-life-step-by-step-como-dibujar-un-bodegon-paso-a-paso
- "It's never too late to start over" -Alex Elle @lgfurmanczyk https://steemit.com/life/@lgfurmanczyk/it-s-never-too-late-to-start-over-alex-elle
- Happy anniversary parents @avikal https://steemit.com/photography/@avikal/happy-anniversary-parents
- (LWC) ✪ STEEM PRICE ANALYSIS & Why STEEMIT Will Become a Monster! ✪ [Blog #2 - 24th June, 2017] *REPOST/UPDATE @lifewithcrypto https://steemit.com/steemit/@lifewithcrypto/lwc-steem-price-analysis-and-why-steemit-will-become-a-monster-blog-2-24th-june-2017-repost-update
- My Favorite Steemit Apps : Steemit Board @deanlogic https://steemit.com/steemit/@deanlogic/my-favorite-steemit-apps-steemit-board
- It WORKS !! Just bought BITCOIN with MOBILE CREDITS on COINGATE!! Prepaid, postpaid ! @cryptomonitor https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@cryptomonitor/it-works-just-bought-bitcoin-with-mobile-credits-on-coingate-prepaid-postpaid
- I made this! My very own wristwatch, proud of myself (Lancia Delta Integrale EVO) @watchesdaily https://steemit.com/watches/@watchesdaily/4-i-made-this-my-very-own-wristwatch-proud-of-myself-lancia-delta-integrale-evo
- 14 Day Facebook Detox - Part 1 @eco-alex https://steemit.com/facebook/@eco-alex/14-day-facebook-detox
- My plans for turning 2 hours per week writing Steemit articles to $15,600 in 1 year- super part time! @linniek https://steemit.com/steem/@linniek/my-plans-for-turning-2-hours-per-week-writing-steemit-articles-to-usd15-600-in-1-year-super-part-time
- “How Machine Learning and Block-Chain Crypto currency Will Empower The People ” @roydellclarke https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@roydellclarke/how-machine-learning-and-block-chain-crypto-currency-will-empower-the-people
- How much are you worth? @therightduke https://steemit.com/steemit/@therightduke/how-much-are-you-worth
- Cake, chocolate, sugar, spice and all that's nice. Story of Me @freetissues https://steemit.com/life/@freetissues/cake-chocolate-sugar-spice-and-all-thats-nice-story-of-me
- A piece of paper BIGGER than the UNIVERSE! @mystifact https://steemit.com/physics/@mystifact/a-piece-of-paper-bigger-than-the-observable-universe
- Yesterday I posted my latest naked baking video. Today I am posting my first! #progress @nakedbakers https://steemit.com/food/@nakedbakers/yesterday-i-posted-my-latest-naked-baking-video-today-i-am-posting-my-first-progress
- To be different is Good @survivebubble https://steemit.com/life/@survivebubble/to-be-different-is-good-2017622t19033843z
- Complete NICEHASH miner setup tutorial and explanation. @edolo https://steemit.com/mining/@edolo/complete-nicehash-miner-setup-tutorial-and-explanation
- Introduction. Moderator of the Biggest Charitable NGO on Steemit and Humanitarian Emergency Response Professional @dinoo https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@dinoo/introduction-moderator-of-the-biggest-charitable-ngo-on-steemit-and-humanitarian-emergency-response-professional
- Are You Ready to Bring Charity to Blockchain? Hello, This is ADRA Germany Calling! Member of a Global NGO Network @adra https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@adra/are-you-ready-to-bring-charity-to-blockchain-hello-this-is-adra-germany-calling-member-of-a-global-ngo-network
- 8 common mistakes people continue to make in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other Altcoins @daudimitch https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@daudimitch/8-common-mistakes-people-continue-to-make-in-bitcoin-ethereum-litecoin-and-other-altcoins
- $$ ULTIMATE CRYTPO-NEWBIES' SUMMER 2K17 INVESTING PORTFOLIO GUIDE BY RISK LEVEL (HIGH, MED, LOW) $$ @hydro100 https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@hydro100/usdusd-ultimate-crytpo-newbies-summer-2k17-investing-portfolio-guide-by-risk-level-high-med-low-usdusd
- The Secret King of Pop Music @cybersphere https://steemit.com/music/@cybersphere/the-secret-king-of-pop-music
Why did I upvote those posts?
The first four posts were the best I could find out of my closest friends. I hope to help motivate them to do their best work on Steemit because three of them are just getting started and the fourth invited me to join Steemit! Next, I voted up posts by those top whales consistently voting up my posts because they have helped me a lot and I chose their best new posts to vote up to return the favor! Then, I voted up the very best posts I could find that were undervalued or written by new authors or requested on my post announcing the event. Finally, I voted up many comments on my recent posts to give back to those most consistently following and commenting.
What went wrong?
My workflow for this showed a lot of opportunities for improvement. I read through hundreds of comments to prepare many of which were great but most of which I did not upvote because I was saving my voting power for the event. Thus far when reading comments I have upvoted most to show I read them and I want to continue doing that even if it is a 1% upvote which is a lot better than nothing! At the end of the video I then just voted up a ton of comments like "Hi" or "You're awesome" for often more than $5 which made viewers happy but is not sustainable going forward to offer the best value.
How did viewers respond?
So far this video has been one of the most enjoyed live stream I have done out of many recent events. More donations came in than the last six months combined and the excitement level was high. Thousands even watched after the event was over and hundreds of new followers joined on Steemit. Fortunately I think almost anyone willing to invest in some Steem Power could repeat this type of event with similar results!
When is the next one?
For now I am not planning another event exactly like this one because I instead will be focusing on showing which posts I upvote and continuing to make more tutorials. If a few Steemians start making me outstanding posts with lists of the most undervalued authors and content on Steemit, then I may do a live event with some of their lists of posts. This event took way to look to setup and if I am going to have more, they have got to be easier to execute. While it might look like I work hard, I actually demand that most everything I do be really easy because that is what empowers me to be of greater service. Usually life being easy requires a lot of help and I am thinking I will do future events showing voting from 100% to 60% on lists of posts prepared by others along with a few I handpick.
Thank you for reading this report and I hope it was useful! If you would like me to write more posts like this or posts specifically to meet your needs, would you please upvote this post and/or provide comments here with suggestions for future posts because our generous rewards here motivate me to make Steemit my #1 priority?