This recipe will impress anyone who has a tongue with working tastebuds, even without, the smell would knock'em into ecstasy!
You might have seen recipes, videos, blogs or people talking about this new hot thing, vegan pulled pork!
Have you ever noticed how vegans like to make meals that they used to love but without the animal products? This drives my dad crazy!
Why do all the vegans insist on making the same food they used to eat? They should just make their own new food if they don't want to eat our food normally.
Yep, that's dad. Always understanding. -_-
The thing is, vegans do like to make familiar, comfort foods without the foods they choose to no longer consume and there are many reasons for this.
The best part about that is, it's a win-win! Having recipes available for people who aren't so sold on the plant based diet just gives them an in to try what some of their favorite foods would taste like without the animal product. Why not make veggie burgers?
AND GUESS WHAT?
Most of these meals are better than the original!
For example, this pulled pork is tender, juicy, sweet and spicy all at the same time! It takes a phenomenal amount less water than the traditional meat-based recipe and it's made from the fantastic yellow fruit that Juciy Fruit was named after, jackfruit!
How cool is all that? Check it out!
What you need: Large Batch
- 1 pound fresh jack fruit (a lot of people use canned, young jack fruit... I prefer eating fruit when it's ripened and ready, best for digestion!)
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 head of garlic (I like it garlicy, feel free to tame it down if you want!)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs cayenne (better yet, fresh chillies according to your spice tolerance if you have any!)
- 1/2 tbs pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tbs black pepper
- 1 tbs kombucha (feel free to sub ACV)
What to do:
If you are buying fresh, processed jackfruit from a stall like I did, make sure to wash it before use!
Pro tip: Keep the seeds, they are wonderful boiled and can be used for so many delicious recipes!
- Cut the onion, peppers and garlic, put them in a pot with 1-2 tbs coconut oil and let simmer on medium for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the spices, molasses, kombucha and stir together.
- Blend/process the cherry tomatoes into liquid form.
- Add them into the pot.
- Finally, add in the jackfruit, stirring everything together and turn down to low, and cover.
- Let this slow cook for as long as you can, stirring occasionally and letting the aroma sift through your living space!
- Use a fork to gently peel the jackfruit pieces a part into strips (like pulled pork) along the way. The heat breaks the fruit down and it peels easily into pieces!
The best part is finding all the amazing ways you can eat it!
From this pot, I had so much fun in 4 meals!
- 4 sandwiches: gluten free bread smothered in the BBQ
- 1 garlic mash, BBQ casserole (for 4)
- 1 plate of BBQ mixed with baked potato with side of cauliflower, bacon salad
- 3 veggie burgers topped with BBQ! Side of macaroni salad and roasted bell peppers:
Or you know, you can just spoon feed it to yourself! I won't judge! ;)
My heart's in charge here. I write about what I feel in the moment. What inspires me, what drives my passion!
💁Want to Stay in the Loop? AUTOVOTING Can Make Your Life MUCH Easier!💁
Rewarding content we love, rewards us back and strengthens the community! Yay for curation rewards!
💖DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO JUST BE YOU?💖
💜 Funny Memes & A Talk About Your Health!
💜 My Words Define My World
💜 Unexpected Advice That Changed My Life! I Hope It Will Change Yours Too! ❤
💜 Why You are the best You there is!
🍴Hungry? Check out these yummy plant based recipes!🍴
😍 6 Layers of Heaven: Melty, Cheesy, Bacon-Topped Dip
💜Easy Protein Packed Lunch!
🍕The Ultimate Veg Pizza! Melty Cheeze and Bacon Included!
🍩 That's a DAMN DELICIOUS DONUT
🍕Oh, You'd Like Non-Disgusting GF Crust With Your Pizza?
👏Make Easy Mayo At Home! Perfect 5 Min Healthy Recipe!
🥓Perfect Summer Cauliflower Bacon Salad!
🍹Antioxidant Pink Galaxy Smoothie!
🎂Special Recipe: Thai Curry Cake!
🍰Secret Ingredient Carrot Cake Recipe
🍟Epic Smothered Garlic Cheese Fries!
🥕Wait Don't Throw That Away! How To Make Veggie 'Neat Balls' and 'Burgers' From "Leftovers!"