Bring this to your 4th of July party or a friend's BBQ, a potluck, a baptism, a play date, an anniversary, a birthday party, a beer bong tournament...
It's not picky (and it's certain to satisfy even the pickiest friends!)
Uh-oh, summer just got more delicious! Need something refreshing but to-die-for? I gotcha.
Have you ever heard me admit that salads are not usually my go-to?
I'm not very shy about that. I mean I'm never going to be found munching on some romaine when I could have something like this instead!
That's right! Since you know I am completely wacko about food, I had to make something for the summertime madness coming up to share with you!
That said, a lot of my friends have been asking for advice on salads this summer!
They're usually easy and versatile and are a pretty good bet to bring along with you somewhere you need to bring food for. So I made something that connects our senses to a familiar taste of bacon and mayo... Are you ready?
What you need:
- 2 cups vegan mayo (stay tuned for me to share my easy homemade recipe with you soon!)
- 2 heads steamed cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- handful of red radishes (I used about 7)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbs pepper
- 1/2 tbs himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
What to do:
- First make your mayonnaise if you're creating it from scratch! I'll share my recipe with you soon in another post!
- Wash, cut, and steam the cauliflower
- Dice the radishes, bell peppers and coriander leaves into small pieces
- Mix the diced veggies up with the cauli and mayo
- Toss in the spices
- Mix, put in fridge for at least an hour for the best tasting version you'll ever try! (This is a trick my mom used to tell me!)
- Finally top with some vegan bacon! Don't be shy! SHAKE IT LIKE A POLAROID PICTURE!
(OK, twist my arm: in a sauce pan, add about 2 tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs cacao butter on LOW, throw in some coconut shreds, paprika, salt and liquid smoke or BBQ spice, keep stirring for about 3-5 minutes! TA-DA!)
This recipe is super easy and even more delicious than it looks!
Give it a try next time you need to bring a plate somewhere and smile knowing it's healthy as WELL as delicious!
My heart's in charge here. I write about what I feel in the moment. What inspires me, what drives my passion!
💁Want to Stay in the Loop? AUTOVOTING Can Make Your Life MUCH Easier!💁
Rewarding content we love, rewards us back and strengthens the community! Yay for curation rewards!
💖DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE TO JUST BE YOU?💖
💜 Funny Memes & A Talk About Your Health!
💜 My Words Define My World
💜 Unexpected Advice That Changed My Life! I Hope It Will Change Yours Too! ❤
💜 Why You are the best You there is!
Check out the contest update here!
🍴Hungry? Check out these yummy plant based recipes!🍴
🍹Antioxidant Pink Galaxy Smoothie!
🎂Special Recipe: Thai Curry Cake!
🍰Secret Ingredient Carrot Cake Recipe
🍟Epic Smothered Garlic Cheese Fries!
🥕Wait Don't Throw That Away! How To Make Veggie 'Neat Balls' and 'Burgers' From "Leftovers!"
🧀Baked Herb Cashew Cheeze!
🍫 5 Min, Easy, Healthy DIY Chocolates!
🧀Na'cho Everyday Cheese! Vegan Queso!