As a Community Manager for Utopian, I will continue to write these weekly reports for the translation category. The report will include:
- Translators' Activities
- Moderators' Activities
In this report, I will follow the format of the other Utopian categories to provide the following information:
- Graphs of the translators' contributions
- Graphs of language teams contributions
- Charts of comparisons of the different weeks
- Graphs of moderators' scoring
- Average score of the category & comparisons
- Showcase the staff pick of the week if there is one
- Update the Translators Members List
- Upcoming Events
Summary Overview for Week 52: Dec 20 - Dec 27, 2018
A. Contributions Summary
1. Translators' Contributions for This Week
This week, we have 40 Contributions.
In the translation category, it is important that we monitor the contributions submitted by the different language teams as translators work together in teams.
Therefore, the statistics and graphs will not show the contributions of the individual translators but will display the 17 language teams instead.
The following chart shows the distribution of contributions of the 17 different language teams.
- Both Spanish and Serbian teams lead this week with 5 contributions each.
- Followed by Chinese
- Then Filipino, Yoruba, French, Vietnamese, Portuguese
- There are no contributions from Arabic team. Many inactive Arabic translators were replaced by new translators this week.
2. Total Contributions of 4 Weeks
Here we will compare the total contributions in the translation category for 4 weeks time.
1. Week 49: 46 contributions
2. Week 50: 50 contributions
3. Week 51: 53 contributions
4. Week 52: 40 contributions
This week runs into the Christmas holidays, so this accounts for the fewer number of translation contributions this week. We can expect the same for next week.
3. Four Weeks Comparisons for Each Language Team
The following table shows the number of contributions in the different language teams for 4 weeks.
Week 49: 46 contributions
Week 50: 50 contributions
Week 51: 53 contributions
Week 52: 40 contributions
- There are 4 color bars for each language teams with each bar representing the 4 different weeks.
- The following teams show signs of getting more engaged: Chinese, French, Vietnamese, Portuguese
- The following teams show signs of getting less engaged: Dutch, Greek
4. Overall Growth of Each Language Team for 4 weeks
It is important that we measure the language team activities not just by one week but to see their monthly overall performance.
The following graph shows the total number of contributions of the 17 language teams in the past 4 weeks
- Week 49: Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2018
- Week 50: Dec 6 - 13, 2018
- Week 51: Dec 13 - 22, 2018
- Week 52: Dec 23 - 27, 2018
From the chart, we are able to see the situation of each language team in the spread of 4 weeks:
- Spanish & Serbian teams are most active in a consistent manner
- Filipino team is getting more active and engaged
- Followed by Dutch
- And then Chinese, Greek, Polish and Yoruba
- There is little growth in Italian team
- There is no growth in Arabic, Slovenian
From here, we will need to find out what is happening to translators who are not active and reasons for inactivity.
B. Language Moderators' Scoring - Week 52
For the scoring distribution, we have 27 moderators, so I need to group the scoring into language teams so that you can see the analysis clearer in the distribution of scoring.
1. Chart showing the distribution of scores
The X-axis is not able to list out all the languages for each score and only able to list out the language for every other 4 scores shown.
- The highest score this week is 92 given by the Russian moderator.
- About 35% to 90
- About 30% of the contributions receive scores between 70 to 80
- About 35% of the contributions went below 70.
- The lowest score this week is 51.
The scores of the new questionnaire is able to reflect the quality of the translation in a better spectrum. Contributions that are lower than 70 need remedial training.
3. The average score of the Contributions is 73.
In the old questionnaire, the average score was around 69.
The new questionnair shows the average score a bit higher.
Since these translators have all been screened to do translation work, it is expected that they should score high to reflect the high standard of their work.
C. Staff Pick This Week
Translation Post by @lordneroo:
Steeminvite it is, and in case you didn't know, this is a wonderful platform where users can create invite links, aiming to help Steemians spread the word about our favourite blockchain.
@lordneroo did a perfect transltion free of error. As noted by the moderator, the Greek language used in the translation fits the purpose of the Steeminvite project. The translator even added extra translation work from the Swarmops files. His post is engaging and fun to read as he shares his experience of researching into some technical terms and how he translated them into Greek.
D. Translation Teams - 104 Members List
This is the most updated list of our Translations Members list as of Dec 27, 2019.
There is a big changeover in the Arabic team. Six translators are removed due to inactivity and replaced them with 4 new translators.
The Arabic team has been restructured this week.
E. Upcoming Events - Restructuring Teams
Although we have 106 members on the list, not all the translators are active. In the coming weeks, we will do some restructuring of the teams.
Presently, all our LMs are active. We also see the need of having 2 LMs in every team in order to keep the teams working at their optimal level. Slowly we will add another LM to teams that have only 1 LM.
Please comment and give your feedback as we work together to make the Translation Category great.
That's it for this week,
Blog Post Series
CM Weekly Reports
- CM Weekly Report - Week 41, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 42, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 43, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 44, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 45, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 46, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 47, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 48, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 49, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 50, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 51, 2018
- CM Weekly Report - Week 52, 2018
Translation Category - Quality, Standards & Metrics
- Translation Category - How To Write Your Application Post to Apply for LM/Translator
- Translation Category Part 1 - What Metrics & Standards Professionals Use To evaluate Translation Quality
- Translation Category Part 2 - Four Standards Professionals Use To evaluate Translation Quality
- Translation Cateogry Part 3 - What Metrics Do Professionals Use To Evaluate Translation?
- Writing #iamutopian Quality Posts (CM for Translation)
- Translation Category - Moving Translation Category Forward with Recruitments
- Translation Questionnaire Part 4 - Quality Metrics: From Principles to Practice
Translation Blog - Early Growth in the Beginning
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - Fully alive and Stronger
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - Growing Translation Teams in Quality
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - Growing Performance
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - 51 Translators & Proofreaders Getting FOSS projects in Crowdin Go Global
- CM Interviews #1 - Meet our LM: Italian, Chinese, Arabic, French, Dutch
- CM Interviews #2 - Meet our Next 4 LM: Spanish, Italian, Polish, Vietnamese
- CM Interviews #3 - Meet our Amazing Greek Team
- CM Interviews #4 - Meet our LM: Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese
- CM Interviews #5 - Meet our LM: German + Arabic
- CM Interviews #6 - Meet our LM: Serbian, Yoruba, Polish, Dutch
- CM Interviews #7 - Meet our 4 LM: Hebrew, Filipino, Slovenian, Hebrew
- CM Interviews #8 - Meet the DaVinci Witness Team
- CM Interviews #9 - Meet the First 5 Spanish Translators
Thank you for reading this post! If you like the post, please resteem and comment.