As a Community Manager for Utopian, I will continue to write these weekly reports for the translation category. The report will include:
- Translators' Activities
- Moderators' Activities
- CM Activities
I can see that our translators are working hard for Utopian-DaVinci platforms and in turn adding much value to the Steemit Platform. This is my write-up for the 4th week of October.
Week 4 Activities: Oct 25 - Nov 1, 2018
In the following report, you will see that I place special emphasis on the kind of activities that are happening in the 17 Language Groups because only in this way are we able to monitor activities that are happening in each language group.
My analysis will not go into the individual contributors because at present we have 101 translators and I do not have a good chart analysis to show this kind of statistics yet.
1. Translators Activities - 93 Contributions
The following chart shows the distribution of the contributions in the different language teams for 2 weeks in October.
October 3rd week: 92
October 4th week: 93
|Languages||Oct 3rd Week||Oct 4th Week|
- 16 Language Teams translated
- The number of contributions is about the same in both weeks
- Italian team has the largest number of contributions and worked twice as hard this week
- There is more distribution of different languages contributing this week than last week
2. Post Contributions Comparisons
I only started counting the number of post contributions for these Weekly reports in the last 2 weeks. So there are only 2 weeks of comparisons.
There is an increase of contributions in the following language groups: Italian, Vietnamese, Serbian, Portuguese, German and Russian
There is a decrease of contributions in the following language groups: Spanish, Filipino, Greek, Chinese, Polish Yoruba, french Slovenian
Dutch and Arabic have the same number of contributions for both weeks
Hebrew language group has not started yet as they are still organizing the work in the team.
By looking at these statistic bar graphs, it will help us monitor the activities that are happening in the different language groups.
3. Total Number of Contributions for Oct Wk 3 + Wk 4
I just started gathering the statistics in the last 2 weeks of October for these weekly reports.
The following graph shows the total number of contributions of the 17 languages:
October 18 - November 1 (Wk 3 and Wk 4 of October)
- Spanish group has the largest number of contributions (27)
- Italian group has 21 contributions
- Filipino and Greek groups have 19 contributions
4. Out of 93 posts, 18 posts expired with no upvotes this week
The following chart shows 18 Posts from 9 Languages that did not get an upvote
- X shows the language posts - horizontal line
- Y shows the scoring of the posts - purple bar
- From the graph, apparently for posts reaching higher than a score of 70 did not get an upvote this week.
- But some other translation posts with a score lower than 70 got upvoted.
I am not sure what the reasons are behind this and we still need to investigate into this matter.
If we combine this graph to the earlier table (#1) where I listed out the number of contributions submitted this week, here is the analysis of language groups that did not get rewarded.
- The Filipino group has 4/7 posts not upvoted
- The Chinese group has 3/6 posts not upvoted
- The Spanish group has 3/12 posts not upvoted
- The Italian group has 2/14 posts not upvoted
- The Yoruba group has 2/4 posts not upvoted
- The Russian group has 1/2 posts not upvoted
- The Portuguese group has 1/4 posts not upvoted
- The French group has 1/2 posts not upvoted
- The Arabic group has 1/3 posts not upvoted
The following 7 language groups did not get affected and received rewards:
5. Staff Pick
Translation Post by @alejohannes: Node.js, from English (1090 words)
The translator has done an excellent job with full accuracy. As noted by the Spanish moderator, the writing style is correct and most appropriate for the Spanish language. The translator has also put in a detail effort to write out an overview of the translation process and what he had learned, especially in explaining the Module System and Code Refactoring. We appreciate the personal touch he put into writing the submission post.
6. Moderators' Activities - Aristotle App
The Aristotle app is ongoing in the development by the Greek team. You can follow up this project in this Gitub Link.
I've asked @dimitrisp for an early entry to try out their app.
- The app is going to be a great tool for our translators.
- The tool aims to become an LM's personal assistant as they do the moderating work.
Take a look at this Screenshot:
1. In the Filter Results: Translators
The Drop down menu lists all the translators. Right now, you only see the Greek team and some of us who are trying out the demo.
2. In the Filter Results: Project
The Drop down menu lists all the projects ready for translation.
I hope you can see the power of this app. This will certainly help the DaVinci Team to keep track of the activities of all the 101 translators easily.
Thank you @dimitrisp and the Greek team for your innovative app.
7. Recruitment - One Translator Recruited
The recruiting is now done continuously by the DaVinci Team. We wish to continue to consolidate our present language teams. If you would like to be a translator, please send in your application to #job-application room in the DaVinci Discord Channel.
This week, we have one new translator added to the Russian Team.
Let's welcome @bell1982 to the Russian Team.
8. Nov 1st Statistics: 17 LT & 101 Translators
- 17 Language Teams
- 25 Active Language Moderators
- 76 Active Translators
(We still have 76 active translators as one translator left the Arabic team)
17 Translation Teams - Updated November 1st, 2018
9. Overseeing the 25 Language Moderators
Language Moderators play very important roles to the success of the Utopian-Davinci Translation Category.
I've started interviewing our moderators so that the community can get to know them better.
This week, I have successfully interviewed 7 moderators:
- #18 @Egotheist - LM for German Team
- #19 @Dr-frankenstein - 1st LM for Arabic Team
- #20 @ScienceAngel - LM for Serbian Team
- #21 @Zoneboy - LM for Yoruba Team
- #22 @Jestemkioskiem - 2nd LM for Polish Team
- #23 @Minersean 2nd LM for Dutch Team
- #24 @Alexs1320 - 2nd LM for Serbian Team
The order of interview is random and of no particular significance. I posted them in the order that they were done.
10. Upcoming Events and Activities
Next week, we will be doing the following in order of priorities:
- @Didic will be going through the new guidelines for all categories including translation
- Continue to help new moderators on board
- Continue to help the translators with their queries
- Continue to oversee moderators activities
- Do write-ups of interviews for the following LMs:
@Leurbanexplorer - LM for the Hebrew Team
@Ruah - LM for Filipino Team
@Fbslo - LM for Slovenian Team
@Tata-natana - LM for Russian Team
- Interview DaVinci Witness Team
That's it for this week,
Blog Post Series
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - Fully alive and Stronger
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - Growing Translation Teams in Quality
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - Growing Performance
- Promoting Translation in Utopian.io - 51 Translators & Proofreaders Getting FOSS projects in Crowdin Go Global
- Translation Category - How To Write Your Application Post to Apply for LM/Translator
- Translation Category Part 1 - What Metrics & Standards Professionals Use To evaluate Translation Quality
- Translation Category Part 2 - Four Standards Professionals Use To evaluate Translation Quality
- Translation Cateogry Part 3 - What Metrics Do Professionals Use To Evaluate Translation?
- Writing #iamutopian Posts (CM for Translation)
- Translation Category - Moving Translation Category Forward with Recruitments
- CM Weekly Reort - October Week 1: 91 Active Translators on Board
- CM Interviews #1 - Meet our LM: Italian, Chinese, Arabic, French, Dutch
- CM Interviews #2 - Meet our Next 4 LM: Spanish, Italian, Polish, Vietnamese
- CM Interviews #3 - Meet our Amazing Greek Team
- CM Weekly Report - October Week 2: 91 to 101 Translators
- CM Interviews #4 - Meet our LM: Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese
- CM Weekly Report - October Week 3: Oct 28 - 25,2018
- CM Interviews #5 - Meet our LM: Greek + Arabic
- CM Interviews #6 - Meet our LM: Serbian, Yoruba, Polish, Dutch
- CM Weekly Report - October Week 4: Oct 25 - Nov1, 2018
Thank you for reading this post! If you like the post, please resteem and comment.