This is DAY FORTY SEVEN of the daily devotional.
I am releasing a 50 day daily devotional about the end-times as revealed in Scripture. Along with the text, I will be providing a video where I cover the text of the day, and @verbal-d will be providing an audio version of it. That way, whether you want to read, watch, or listen, you'll be able to enjoy this study as you wish.
The plan is to release this devotional over the next 50 consecutive days, but life may "get in the way." We will do our best, but please be patient with me if I fall behind.
The SoundCloud Audio from @verbal-d
The YouTube Video from @papa-pepper
The Text I Originally Shared on the @narrowminded Account
DAY 47 : THE END-TIME CALL TO SOBRIETY
Though we cannot get around what Matthew 24:48-49 says, “that evil servant shall say… My lord delayeth his coming; And shall begin to… drink with the drunken,” if this was the only occurrence of such a message, we could conclude that God certainly did not put as much of an emphasis on this as I do. However, as I am about to show, this is a clear and repeated message as it specifically relates to the end-times.
“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober…” (1 Thessalonians 5:6-8a)
“Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ:” (1 Peter 1:13)
The word translated as “sober” here means “clear-headed” or “self-controlled,” and no specific mention of drunkenness is contained in this verse. However, being self-controlled and clear-headed is contrary to drunkenness. If Noah had been self-controlled he would have not passed out naked, and if Lot would have been clear-headed he would have never gotten his own daughters pregnant; but, these men were drunk. This specific appeal is made pointing to the “revelation of Jesus Christ,” when He returns for us.
“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” (1 Peter 4:7)
Since the conclusion that Jesus had not shown up on time was what caused the “evil servant” to turn on his fellow-servants and begin to eat and drink with the drunken, I do not think it is strange that we are so often warned not to be deceived and to carefully pay attention.
Point #1: We are repeatedly warned to stay under control and keep our heads as the last days approach, and as we enter them.
Point #2: We must therefore remain sober.
Point #3: We must also be willing to suffer as we wait.
If anyone is really interested, I did post the entire volume through an alt account over a year ago. I did so as an experiment to see how hard it would be for a new user to get noticed on steemit, so I didn't let anyone know that I was doing it. You can click here to a post that has links to the entire 50 days of this devotional if you really want to read ahead. That information has always been available there since I first posted it. It is not the purpose of this series to just copy all of my previous work, but instead to transform it into some new outlets by releasing it in an audio and video format, to broaden the reach that this work has.
Again, though I will certainly never claim to know it all, I do believe that many are being lead astray by some popular beliefs. I hope that this project will be able to help many others understand the end-times more accurately. Thanks!
Just in case you are new to this series and wanted to check out the previous audio or videos, here are links to the posts from each day of this series.
- NEW SERIES
- DAY 1 - THE FOUNDATION
- DAY 2 - "THE TRIBULATION"
- DAY 3 - THE SEVENTIETH WEEK OF DANIEL
- DAY 4 - NOT APPOINTED TO WRATH
- DAY 5 - WRATH vs. TRIBULATION
- DAY 6 - THE DAY OF THE LORD
- DAY 7 - THE LORD ALONE
- DAY 8 - THE EXALTATION OF THE ANTICHRIST
- DAY 9 - PROMISES
- DAY 10 - THE PRESUPPOSITION
- DAY 11 - 2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-4
- DAY 12 - THE REVEALING OF THE ANTICHRIST
- DAY 13 - SAME DAY 1
- DAY 14 - SAME DAY 2
- DAY 15 - HAND IN HAND
- DAY 16 - OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF
- DAY 17 - ANOTHER THIEF?
- DAY 18 - NOT KNOWING THE DAY OR HOUR - 1
- DAY 19 - NOT KNOWING THE DAY OR HOUR - 2
- DAY 20 - NOT KNOWING THE DAY OR HOUR - 3
- DAY 21 - IGNORANCE
- DAY 22 - "OLIVET DISCOURSE" : ARMAGEDDON OR RAPTURE Part 1
- DAY 23 - "OLIVET DISCOURSE" : ARMAGEDDON OR RAPTURE Part 2
- DAY 24 - FOR MY NAME'S SAKE : Part 1
- DAY 25 - FOR MY NAME'S SAKE : Part 2
- DAY 26 - ENDURING TO THE END
- DAY 27 - THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE WICKED
- DAY 28 - DARK SUN AND BLOOD MOON - Part 1
- DAY 29 - DARK SUN AND BLOOD MOON - Part 2
- DAY 30 - DARK SUN AND BLOOD MOON - Part 3
- DAY 31 - "SEAL JUDGMENTS"
- DAY 32 - THE FIFTH SEAL
- DAY 33 - TIMING : Part 1
- DAY 34 - TIMING : Part 2
- DAY 35 - TIMING : Part 3
- DAY 36 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 1
- DAY 37 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 2
- DAY 38 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 3
- DAY 39 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 4
- DAY 40 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 5
- DAY 41 - IMMINENT : Part 1
- DAY 42 - IMMINENT : Part 2
- DAY 43 - REASON WHY
- DAY 44 - THE CAUSE OF THE FALLING AWAY
- DAY 45 - THE FIRST WATCH
- DAY 46 - DRUNKENESS
Also - A special thanks to @allforthegood for helping design my cover image!
Until next time…
Don’t waste your time online, invest it with steemit.com