50 DAYS TO UNDERSTANDING THE END-TIMES MORE ACCURATELY - DAY 42 - IMMINENT : Part 2 - AUDIO & VIDEO
This is DAY FORTY TWO of the daily devotional.
I am releasing a 50 day daily devotional about the end-times as revealed in Scripture. Along with the text, I will be providing a video where I cover the text of the day, and @verbal-d will be providing an audio version of it. That way, whether you want to read, watch, or listen, you'll be able to enjoy this study as you wish.
The plan is to release this devotional over the next 50 consecutive days, but life may "get in the way." We will do our best, but please be patient with me if I fall behind.
The SoundCloud Audio from @verbal-d
The YouTube Video from @papa-pepper
The Text I Originally Shared on the @narrowminded Account
DAY 42 - IMMINENT : Part 2
Yesterday we began to look at some verses that are used in an attempt to support an imminent, any-moment return of Jesus Christ. Today, we will continue.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” (Titus 2:13)
Apparently, pretribulationists believe that the “Looking for” in this verse means to be constantly looking in ever-present expectation that it could happen at any moment. However, “prosdechomai”, the Greek word which is translated as “Looking for” simply means “to receive”, “welcome”, “accept”, “to wait for”, or to “anticipate”. How many are willing “to receive”, “wait for”, and “anticipate” the next president? How many parents feel the same way about the birth of their next child? These terms do not necessitate an any-moment event, and there is no imminency in the verse cited.
“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” (1 Corinthians 15:52)
“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:3)
“…Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:11)
This verse, like many others, just says that Jesus will come back from heaven. If Jesus was to return at any moment, rather than these angels asking “why stand ye gazing up into heaven?” they should have encouraged them to keep watching, for it could be any moment.
Point: Though verses may be cited as proof of an imminent return, they do not seem valid.
If anyone is really interested, I did post the entire volume through an alt account over a year ago. I did so as an experiment to see how hard it would be for a new user to get noticed on steemit, so I didn't let anyone know that I was doing it. You can click here to a post that has links to the entire 50 days of this devotional if you really want to read ahead. That information has always been available there since I first posted it. It is not the purpose of this series to just copy all of my previous work, but instead to transform it into some new outlets by releasing it in an audio and video format, to broaden the reach that this work has.
Again, though I will certainly never claim to know it all, I do believe that many are being lead astray by some popular beliefs. I hope that this project will be able to help many others understand the end-times more accurately. Thanks!
Just in case you are new to this series and wanted to check out the previous audio or videos, here are links to the posts from each day of this series.
- NEW SERIES
- DAY 1 - THE FOUNDATION
- DAY 2 - "THE TRIBULATION"
- DAY 3 - THE SEVENTIETH WEEK OF DANIEL
- DAY 4 - NOT APPOINTED TO WRATH
- DAY 5 - WRATH vs. TRIBULATION
- DAY 6 - THE DAY OF THE LORD
- DAY 7 - THE LORD ALONE
- DAY 8 - THE EXALTATION OF THE ANTICHRIST
- DAY 9 - PROMISES
- DAY 10 - THE PRESUPPOSITION
- DAY 11 - 2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-4
- DAY 12 - THE REVEALING OF THE ANTICHRIST
- DAY 13 - SAME DAY 1
- DAY 14 - SAME DAY 2
- DAY 15 - HAND IN HAND
- DAY 16 - OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF
- DAY 17 - ANOTHER THIEF?
- DAY 18 - NOT KNOWING THE DAY OR HOUR - 1
- DAY 19 - NOT KNOWING THE DAY OR HOUR - 2
- DAY 20 - NOT KNOWING THE DAY OR HOUR - 3
- DAY 21 - IGNORANCE
- DAY 22 - "OLIVET DISCOURSE" : ARMAGEDDON OR RAPTURE Part 1
- DAY 23 - "OLIVET DISCOURSE" : ARMAGEDDON OR RAPTURE Part 2
- DAY 24 - FOR MY NAME'S SAKE : Part 1
- DAY 25 - FOR MY NAME'S SAKE : Part 2
- DAY 26 - ENDURING TO THE END
- DAY 27 - THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE WICKED
- DAY 28 - DARK SUN AND BLOOD MOON - Part 1
- DAY 29 - DARK SUN AND BLOOD MOON - Part 2
- DAY 30 - DARK SUN AND BLOOD MOON - Part 3
- DAY 31 - "SEAL JUDGMENTS"
- DAY 32 - THE FIFTH SEAL
- DAY 33 - TIMING : Part 1
- DAY 34 - TIMING : Part 2
- DAY 35 - TIMING : Part 3
- DAY 36 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 1
- DAY 37 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 2
- DAY 38 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 3
- DAY 39 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 4
- DAY 40 - TWO WITNESSES : Part 5
- DAY 41 - IMMINENT : Part 1
Also - A special thanks to @allforthegood for helping design my cover image!
Until next time…
Don’t waste your time online, invest it with steemit.com