Ever hear the saying, "Put your money where your mouth is?"
While generally considered unprofessional to bet on yourself, there are no rules in the world of cryptocurrency. Lisk founder Max Kordek apparently agrees.
From Max's Medium blog:
To further stimulate Lisk’s ecosystem growth, I have created The Pioneer’s Vault. The Pioneer’s Vault consists of my personal LSK assets, which are reserved for investments in promising Lisk sidechain projects. I’m pleased to announce that I will personally pledge 1,700,000 LSK to this initiative.
The only companies that will be funded will be ones that plan to conduct an ICO or already have one running on the Lisk platform.
Companies can expect to be funded with anywhere between $5,000 and $500,000 EUR. Furthermore, investments are not limited to one-time only.
Additionally, The Pioneer's Vault will only contain personal investments. No money from outside parties will be accepted. He explicitly states that it is not a pooled fund.
In the cryptocurrency world, this is the very definition of "putting your money where your mouth is."
Similar projects such as Ethereum and Neo - blockchains which are essentially frameworks for advanced software - tend to consistently rise in value compared to other coins. Every app that is built on them requires some of the coin in order to function.
There are already 4 upcoming ICOs and projects on the Lisk platform:
Sapiens - a blockchain-based protocol for a complete decentralized academic and certification system with an integrated courses marketplace
Moosecoin - a decentralized organization for musicians
Moracle - not really sure. Their website doesn't have a succinct explanation of what they do, so I pasted this one from another article:
Moracle is building a decentralized and programmable oracle, under the assumption that blockchain applications need smarter oracles. In simple terms, an oracle is “an outside entity that allows a blockchain to access the web or other APIs and communicate with other blockchains.” Moracle is developing an inexpensive, decentralized, and fast oracle service for the Lisk ecosystem.
CoinAngels - the Blockchain and NON-Blockchain startup accelerator that uses the power of ‘angel’ tokens and the voice of all ‘angel’ holders to help digital driven companies in their early stage
All in all, Lisk is starting to look very promising. I mean, $50,000,000 doesn't go as far as it used to. But it should at least get some of those ICOs off the ground.
Do you think Lisk is worth buying?
Or should I invest more into Deep Fried Maymays?
Tell me in a comment below!
Check out some of my other posts here:
- Watching This Video Will Make You Want To Move To Thailand (And Not For The Hot Estonian Chick, Either)
- Bitgrail Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked For 17,000,000 Nano (XRB), Claims Insolvency
- After Rejecting Cryptocurrency Entrepreneurs For Fear Of Money Laundering, Rabobank Fined $400 Million For Money Laundering
- In Only 3 Days After Pre-ICO Launch, Crypto Investment Fund Pecunio Has Already Raised Almost $2m
- Shill Of The Day: Why You Should Put Your Daughter's College Fund Into Lucyd's New ICO
- All I Want Is A Billion Dollars, A Rock-Solid Six Pack, And To Smash A Different Hard-Bodied Fitness Model Every Night - Is That Too Much To Ask?
- How To Be Successful In Just 100 Hours A Week
- Discipline, Fearlessness, And Other Lies Sold To You By Clever Marketers
- The Problem With PentaCore And Cryptocurrency Mutual Funds In General (And What To Do About It)
- Stock Trading Platform Robinhood Latest Company To Cash In On Crypto Craze With New Cryptocurrency Exchange
- How To Actually Get More Likes And Followers On Instagram
- Japan's Largest Bank Set To Open Cryptocurrency Exchange In April 2018
- There Is Now A Japanese Cryptocurrency-Themed Pop Group
- WaltonChain (WTC) Voted #1 At SE Asia Blockchain Summit... but who cares?
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) - another token that unsuccessfully answers the question, "Why not just use an ad blocker?"
- Request Network (REQ) setting up a $30 million dollar fund for startups
- If Warren Buffett Invested In Crypto, He Would Stock Up Now While The Market Is Collapsing
- Dispelling The Myths Behind Tron (TRX), The Most Misunderstood Coin In Crypto
- VeChain (VEN) Being Shilled HARD In r/Cryptocurrency - 50 Posts In The Last Week
- Switzerland Sees Crypto As Their Chance To Woo Drug Dealers, Saudi Princes And Shady Billionaires
- NVIDIA Blasts Retailers For Selling GPUs To Cryptominers Instead Of Gamers
- The No BullShit Guide To Being Successful (Read This To Die Instantly)
- Schizophrenic South Korea Can't Decide If They Want To Ban Crypto Or Not
- I'm Not A Religious Man, But I Thank God For Every Failure I've Ever Had
- Why Creative Work Is Its Own Reward And How To Get Better At The Things You Hate
Follow, resteem and smash dat mf like button...