Last night I went out with some friends and got really drunk. Like, way too drunk.
Also, for a few days I've been working on growing my personal Instagram page.
I'm sure you can see where this is going...
You know how you remember bits and pieces of drunken nights the next day? They're starting to come back to me now. Multiple facepalm moments for sure.
To make matters worse, I was dumb enough to whip out my phone and film my stupid ass saying dumb shit. Then post it to Instagram.
THANKFULLY I'm living in a hostel right now and these people will be gone in a week and I'll get to start over.
Also thankful that I had the foresight to create a separate IG page without any of my actual real life friends on there so they won't see how retarded I am.
So this morning I was sitting here nursing my hangover, an one particular scene flashed into my mind that gave me the idea for this post.
One of the people I hung out with yesterday was this chick from Estonia. She's a bit of a train wreck but a certified qt3.14.
Throughout the day we were flirting a bit. So at night when we went out, things escalated a tad and I was getting some pretty strong vibes from her.
Anyway, after God knows how many beers and shots I went for the kiss and got the cheek instead. Alright, no big deal. I have thick skin, I can take it.
Sometimes when you make a move on a girl, she rejects you not because she doesn't like you or want to do stuff with you, but because you caught her off guard. As much as people talk about "women's intuition" and all that nonsense, women are actually pretty bad at determining what guys think about them.
If I was persistent I'm sure something would have happened. But I just didn't think it was worth it.
The point of what I'm trying to say is that later that this morning, I'm actually pretty glad that I got the cheek. Definitely keeps my life much simpler.
If I actually think about it, I'm pretty thankful for all of the failures I've had in my life. After all, they all lead me to where I am right now. Of the thousands of things I've tried in my life, if one had been successful then I wouldn't be where I am today.
Every bad thing leads to something good. Every rejection leads you closer to your next success.
That's a pretty common concept in sales: every time a person tells you no, you get one step closer to one of them saying yes. I used to think it was bullshit but it's actually true.
Every second you spend on a failure adds up to keeping you in the same place in the universe long enough to perfectly line you up for your next breakout moment.
So despite not hooking up with some random Estonian chick last night, I know that this attempt will actually work out better for me in the end. Sounds kind of lame when I actually write it there.
It's easier to make an analogy in the business world. I've had literally dozens of jobs in my life. I've left every single one without looking back, often regretting spending so much time there.
But every second that I spent there was just the universe's way of keeping me on ice until I was able to make bank last year in Australia. Or live the laptop livestyle here in Thailand.
And when get my next lucky break, I'll remember this moment...
What do you think about your own failures? Am I right or just another full-of-shit salesman? Tell me in a comment below!
Check out some of my other posts here:
- How To Actually Get More Likes And Followers On Instagram
- Japan's Largest Bank Set To Open Cryptocurrency Exchange In April 2018
- There Is Now A Japanese Cryptocurrency-Themed Pop Group
- WaltonChain (WTC) Voted #1 At SE Asia Blockchain Summit... but who cares?
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) - another token that unsuccessfully answers the question, "Why not just use an ad blocker?"
- Request Network (REQ) setting up a $30 million dollar fund for startups
- If Warren Buffett Invested In Crypto, He Would Stock Up Now While The Market Is Collapsing
- Dispelling The Myths Behind Tron (TRX), The Most Misunderstood Coin In Crypto
- VeChain (VEN) Being Shilled HARD In r/Cryptocurrency - 50 Posts In The Last Week
- Switzerland Sees Crypto As Their Chance To Woo Drug Dealers, Saudi Princes And Shady Billionaires
- NVIDIA Blasts Retailers For Selling GPUs To Cryptominers Instead Of Gamers