Whether you are taking a break from your own flow, or you desperately need pushed over the writer's block edge...this poetry challenge is for you. All of us coming together and sharing our versions of how the dice speak to us, is what makes this challenge so great. I hope future rolls of the dice will continue to be an inspiration for you and the ones close to you. Cheers! And thanks for all you do!
1rst Place - 5 STEEM
2nd Place - 3 STEEM
3rd Place - 1 STEEM
Bonus - 1 STEEM (for using MJ die)
- All 9 images must be referenced at least once, each. Images are interpreted loosely. How you interpret (or assign the image meaning) is up to you and does not count against you.
- Make your first tag "poetrydice," so I can find your entry.
- Include "Poetry Dice Entry:" in your title, so I know it's official.
- Put a link to your post in the comments section (below). Feel free to message me your link in steemit.chat (optional).
- Please submit no more than 3 entries. If you wish to write more than 3 poems per roll, that is fine. I just ask that you clearly label which ones are your official entries.
Deadline to enter contest is next Saturday at Midnight PST (UTC-7)
Winners will be announced weekly
NEW - "Mary Jane" die (optional)
To use, just add as many references to “mary-jane” into your poem as the dice reflect. For example, this week you can reference "mary-jane," in any form, (3) times in your poem. This is because the die shows (3) "mary-jane leaves".
*Disclaimer: The winners are based on the entries which I think are the best. I am not saying anyone is a bad poet, I will not say that. Instead, I seek to offer you my encouraging and supportive feedback as a fellow poet. My opinion takes into consideration many things, including:
- grammar / Does it make sense?
- flow / Are there any unclosed loopholes that leave me confused?
- imagery / Can I imagine the pictures the words paint?
- feeling / Does it cause a reaction?
- and emotional pull / Do I suddenly have an opinion?
Want to Guest or Co-Judge?
Two or three heads are better than one, so if you would like an opinion too, please let me know and we can chat up which poems we like best for the week and why. Comment below or message me in chat if you wish to remain anonymous...
PDC3K (Previous) Challenges & Winners:
Thanks again for participating in the re-vamped Poetry Dice Challenge 3000!
I wanted everyone to have another opportunity to be inspired by a semi-structured poetry contest that is unique. Rory's Story Cubes have been an inspiration for me for many years, and Steemit has provided an opportunity for me to share that inspiration with you.