Proof there is indeed life after HF20
@suitcasemama and I are very happy to share the reason why our posts have slowed and we'll probably be less coherant than usual from now on.
Presenting the first post-hardfork Steemit baby!
We hope he eventually has enough Steemits to comment on a post :)
It's strange, @suitcasemama and I are normally quite private people. We usually wouldn't dream of posting something like this to a bunch of strangers. We've only met one of you in real life - we're looking at you, @jpphotography!
But I have to say, our experience here has been almost all positive. We've been extremely fortunate with who we've bumped into here: @newbieresteemday, @beeyou, @davemccoy, @themesopotamians, @travelfeed, and others who have encouraged us along the way and convinced us to stay.
I'm a bit distracted these days, but I know there's a lot of angst out there right now. I know there's a lot of talk these days about the positivity here being artificial and incentivized, but hey, try scrolling through the comment section of youtube, twitter, facebook, reddit, or any major news site without getting sick to your stomach or losing your soul.
I'll take Steemit any day of the week.
And usually I do - I'm spending less and less time in those other places.
Steemit is many things to different people. I'm personally not sure if it's a social network, a blogging platform, or a robot playground. I'm not sure Steemit knows what it is yet.
But it's telling (to me at least) that I would post something of this significance here on Steemit before heading over to those other places.
I'll get to those other places too - this is big news after all - but I felt I wanted to 'honor' Steemit by sharing here first.
Maybe Steemit will be no more in a year and we'll all go back to only having those other places as options.
I guess I've decided - I don't really care.
If my Steemit adventures yield nothing but storing my words and memories forever on the blockchain and puts me in contact with interesting new people I would have never otherwise me, that's more than enough for me.
In the meantime, we're going to back to enjoying the heck out of this special place while it lasts.
Allow Me to Introduce Myself! | Husband / Father / Humanitarian / Traveler / Expat Abroad
- Share Your World - @eoj
- The Get to Know Me Challenge - Top Ten Posts by @eoj
- A Lakeside Walk in Pokhara, Nepal - A Wednesday Walk
- Street Art in Pokhara, Nepal - A Lakeside Walk
- The First Steemit Sole Survivor Contest - 20 STEEM Grand Prize - Status: LOCKED!
- Giving Back: Nepal - Four Worthwhile Causes to Support
- More Street Art in Bangkok - A Walk Through Talat Noi, Bangkok
- The Stranger Than Fiction Digest - Edition One: Art Gone Wrong
- Personal Finance 101 - Part 1 - Step on the Scale, Get Organized, Feel the Pain
- Street Art in Bangkok - A Walk Through the Neighborhood
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT - Think you're well traveled? Name that.... TAIL!
- Giving Back: Thailand - Four Worthwhile Causes to Support
- Why I Disappear from Steemit on Sundays
- Well Off the Beaten Path - Restoration of Saat Tale Royal Palace - Nuwakot, Nepal
- It's July 4th - Happy Birthday America!
- Cox's Bazar Surf Report and the Father of Bangladeshi Surfing
- World's 50 Best Restaurants for 2018 Announced
- How to Overcome Screen Addiction - 5 Practical Tips