The theme was 'Transport' and the guest judge was @thecryptofiend:
“Thank you to everyone that entered. There were a lot of amazing shots to look at and review and it was great fun for me to judge. It was also very difficult to decide between them due to the high quality of work that was entered. Thanks to all involved:)” - @thecryptofiend
Image by @juanmiguelsalas
Image by @romancs
Image by @unipsycho
Image by @s0u1
Image by @mweich
3rd place by @iamwne
A stunning use of sihouette to creat a very striking shot. The simplicity of this is what helps to create its power. The beautiful warm sunset colours help to create a perfect evening glow. Simply beautiful.
2nd place by @sharker
A very powerful composition. This image illustrates perfect use of the composition to guide the eye around the elements which make it up. The bicycle is placed in the lower right corner where the commonly drawn lines of thirds intersect. Further the piece of land in the background uses perfect rule of thirds placement. Superb work.
1st place by @jang
An unusual and unconventional composition. We have 2 beautiful classic cars as the subject. The eye is guided to the space in between them and then drawn to both sides. The use of monochrome accentuates the shapes and interplay of tones without the distraction of chromatic details. Simply stunning.
Congrats to all the winners and participants!
The Theme For SPC19 Will Be
Anything with nudity must be labelled in the title and tagged as NSFW.
There are a lot of great examples to be found here - Some are not applicable, but I’m sure you get the idea.
DO NOT repost a previous entry (like from the Hands challenge) — I’ll be checking.
These are made possible by the support of the community, the majority of the post rewards go towards the winners, plus donations by @berniesanders the official sponsor of the Steemit Photo Challenge.
First Place — 35 SBD
Second Place — 25 SBD
Third Place — 15 SBD
Honourable Mentions — 5 SBD Each
Rules And Conditions
Please read these carefully and adhere to them
- I strongly encourage you to post work that is original to this challenge, in other words — take a new photograph instead of using an old one.
- No more than 3 entries will be considered, if you post more than 3 then only the first 3 will be considered.
- Deadline for entry is midnight my time (GMT -4) on Tuesday
- The Title should contain "SteemitPhotoChallenge Entry" along with the title of your work.
- Let us know the medium used to produce the photograph, it may be more impressive based on what it is.
- Basic processing is allowed.
- Any medium or format is allowed — iphone, ipad, film, digital, point and shoot, drone, whatever. Once it takes a picture. Note that image quality will be considered.
- Multiple Entries can all go in one post, just put the details under the image.
- If you would like, use the #SteemitPhotoChallenge tag across social media like Twitter, FB and Instagram. It may drive more users to the platform.
- Any attempt to steal others' work is considered a serious infraction by the community, so don't do it. Please don't waste your and our time by posting some image from the net.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that we do not reward theft. All images will be reverse checked, if the image has been found on more than 2 “major” websites, it will be disqualified unless reasonable proof can be shown to prove ownership of the original. If there is any doubt whatsoever about the ownership of the photograph, I reserve the right to disqualify the image. It is in your interest to provide any proof necessary. I would appreciate any help from the community in finding plagiarism where I might have missed it.
- Leave feedback and vote on your favourites.
- The photographs will be judged on how well they met the challenge, the quality of the image, the composition, lighting, exposure, creativity and the general aesthetics which means that yes, it is subjective.
By entering this competition you acknowledge that you own the rights to the photographs and allow for me to re-post the image should it receive a winner or honourable mention position.
Consider hosting your images with Steemimg.com created by @blueorgy
It is the first dedicated Steemit Image hosting website, set up with tag categories for easy viewing of images, and is also a sponsor of the Steemit Photo Challenge. It's also really convenient for copying markdown for multiple images.
Use #steemitphotochallenge as your first tag, please.
Suggest the next theme!
Let me know what you'd like to see from the next Steemit Photo Challenge.
If you'd like to be considered as a guest judge, let me know in the comments so I can check your work :)
Week 1 - Animal Portrait
Week 2 - Shadows
Week 3 - Desolation
Week 4 - Nature Macro/Closeup
Week 5 - Emotive Human Portrait
Week 6 - Landscapes
Week 7 - Architecture
Week 8 - Long Exposure
Week 9 - Action - High Shutter Speed
Week 10 - Minimalism
Week 11 - Glamour / Fashion
Week 12 - Soul of the City
Week 13 - Hands
Week 14 - Autumn Foliage
Week 15 - Spiderwebs
Week 16 - Food
Week 17 - Countryside