Hello! I'm still here and Team Australia recruitment is not dead. It's just a bit on the slow side. (And by a bit I mean a lot.) It's not that I grew tired of writing these posts, although you may have got that impression since the only thing I write these days is Travel Digest. No, I haven't written one in three months because no one is joining. That's it really. I didn't rage quit or anything.
Today's feature photo comes from @trudeehunter and is of Beachmere, which is an outer suburb of Brisbane. Apparently, this means 'Beach upon marshy ground' which seems appropriate given all the mangroves in the area. If you like the photo, please give her post an upvote here.
Despite the overall lack of enthusiasm for posting on steemit these days, the #mallsballers are still going strong. They've continued to hold their monthly meet-ups. Not even winter slowed them down.
The #mallsballers have become so popular; they're now
stealing people recruiting from interstate! @mazzle is about to give Melbourne the middle finger and cross the border to become one of them. (Well maybe some other things like work play a role, but let's not let these so-called 'facts' get in the way.)
Anyway, enough Adelaide shilling. The point of this is to highlight that the last meet-up for 2018 is on TONIGHT, from 6pm at the Jade! Details here.
Last night I had a mini meet-up with @globocop. We went to a rooftop bar on Level 66 of Trump Tower. This place has the best infinity pool views I think I've ever seen in real life. I did drink too much sangria and even @crimsonclad's highly recommended anti-hangover drugs were at their limits this morning.
Yep, that's done and dusted for another year. I had a phone call the other day with the lovely expat @evecab (who also lives in Panama) and got all the goss. I think it's fair to say that everyone who went found it valuable and had a good time.
Team Australia Christmas Party
We've literally been talking about this for six months so if you don't know about it, then I don't know what to say. Follow @teamaustralia maybe? I'll be back in Brisbane in less than two weeks, which is very exciting. I've booked my flights to Sydney and paid for my ticket. There is still time to buy your ticket if the FOMO is setting in. See this post for details, or speak to @bearone or @mattclarke directly.
Want a personalised Team Australia footer?
The usual community notices
If you have spare witness votes, you should consider voting for @curie as well as the MSP witnesses, particularly @ausbitbank and @aggroed, who've a done a great job in getting the MSP project off the ground. Current active Aussie witnesses include @ausbitbank, @bobdos, @idikuci [comedyopenmic witness], @jackmiller, @quochuy, @sapphic and @thekitchenfairy.
Lastly, if you're feeling generous, you can delegate SP to the Team Australia upvote bots @centerlink, @mrsquiggle and/or @anzub (or any other bot you like) using Vessel. You can delegate to any of the MSP bots using this link.
Name and bio
@alphaccino.art is from Sydney but now lives in Canberra. She works from home doing creative stuff and rightly thinks that dogs and coffee are some of the best things in life.
Intro post here.
"I went to primary school with Nicole Kidman and high school with Jacqueline McKenzie from Romper Stomper."
They are some solid claims to fame!
Name and bio
@vikinghammer lives about an hours drive south of Adelaide. He's a creative type who's into writing poetry and creating art. He's also developing a board game and describes himself as the village idiot.
Intro post here.
"I used to be in a band then when that fell apart I started writing about music and created my own website. But for one reason or another that fell apart, then I found Steemit and I now have another outlet for my music writing!"
Nice. You will find plenty of like-minded people here.
Congratulations everyone, you're now part of Team Australia.
The rules for joining Team Australia
If you’re not yet a member and want to be, this is what you need to do:
- Vote here for our resident steemit witness and our Minister for Welfare @ausbitbank.
- Send me your introduction post so I can find out a bit about you. If you’re new to steemit you'll have to write one so use the introduceyourself and teamaustralia tags to help boost your following. Use this handy guide if you don't know what to write.
- If it’s not mentioned in your introductory post, tell me which city and country you’re in, cos let's face it, a lot of us live in Australia's fourth largest city—London. You need to have a connection to Australia to join.
- Tell me a fun fact about yourself. This can be anything. For example, maybe you have eight kids and three dogs, or you rode your bike across America, or you won the blue ribbon for javelin throwing at sports day back in high school, or Toadie came into the pub you work at one day and you served him a beer, or, maybe you can fit 55 maltesers in your mouth like Ed Sheeran can. It doesn’t matter what it is, I want a fun fact about you! The more fun, the better.
- Regularly check the Team Australia and Australia tags and upvote/follow the content you like. You can show your support by following the centerlink curation trail in steemauto. Instructions are here.
- Comment below or DM me in PAL-Discord that you want to join.
Once I receive this information I will try my best to write a good introductory paragraph about you for the official Team Australia membership updates. So the better your information is, the better I can make you sound. Where relevant, please use the teamaustralia and australia tags to promote your work. I will try and post weekly updates.
Gif by @justcallmemyth
Team Australia footer by @bearone
Page divider by @kristyglas