This is the last post of my February Health Series and I hope the information that I shared in all my previous Health blogs have been useful for you all in some or the other way.
Today I want to wrap up these series with my final post on some of the most healthiest food that should be a part of our everyday diet.
- Avocado-Considered to be a “Super Food”, Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Phosphorus and Zinc.- For Healthy Skin, Weight management, Protects Liver, Helps in Digestion, Arthritis. Avocados are full of Vitamin C, E and K which are all very important for a healthy skin.
- Green Leafy Vegetables- Like Spinach, Broccoli, Kale, Lettuce, Cabbage, Bok Choy, all of these are rich in fiber and they help in very good digestion. Greens are full of Minerals and Vitamins and helps in fighting many diseases in the body. They do not put any pressure on the digestion system and controls the blood sugar. They are good in folate hence helps in preventing Cardiovascular diseases.
- Berries-They are full of antioxidants and helps the body to keep free from diseases, the antioxidants help reduce the inflammation in the body. Again rich in Fiber and that helps in reducing the number of calories that are consumed from the various meals. They are rich in Vitamin C and Manganese.
- Walnuts-Vitamin E and are again full of antioxidant. Walnuts are very good source of Omega -3 and healthy fats. They help in lowering the Cholestrol level.
- Ginger and Turmeric- Both of these are used in regular day to day cooking and they have some amazing benefits including fighting out the common problems of Cough and Cold. Turmeric has anti-cancer properties. Both of these can help reduce pain since they have anti-inflammatory properties. Good for digestion and Gastric conditions.
This is a very small description that I have shared for each of these superfoods, there are many more advantages of consuming them. Also besides these there are many other super foods also like a cup of Celery Juice every day in morning will helps with a healthy Gut and Beetroot helps lower blood pressure and so many more such healthy foods are there for our consumption.
As a ready reckoner, I am sharing these 2 charts of Vitmains and Minerals what are they needed for and in what food will you get them the most. I hope this will be useful for reference.
Hope the February health series was useful for everyone.
You can refer to the previous health series post as well if you have missed them.
Health Series - 1 # Why Vitamin D is very essential for our Body
Health Series - 2 # Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
Health Series - 3 # Avoid Stress; Live Physically and Mentally Healthy
Health Series - 4 # Importance of Folic Acid in the Body
Health Series - 5 # The Deadly Endocrine Disruptors
Health Series - 6 # Low Carb Diet Pros and Cons
Health Series - 7 # Omega-3 - A Vital Vitamin for the body
Health Series - 8 # Pros and Cons of Dietary Supplements
Health Series - 9 # Sugar the most Harmful food for the Body
Thank you for visiting my blog.
GIF Courtesy @enginewitty 😍😍
My other blogs of Interest
"Sublime Sunday # "The Flower Show""
"The Carnival Parade and the Spectacular Fireworks show at the Muscat Festival."