Hi sweethearts and dear friends!! Its time to present my new breakfast recipe! This time a simple GRANOLA recipe, that takes only 10 minutes to prepare, and makes every breakfast to a feast!
I have made this recipe twice the last couple of days, and we love it, the jars were gone within a day! Now when spring finally is here in Austria, I feel I need a lighter breakfast in the morning, a porridge is quite heavy when the weather is warm, so I started to make my own granola instead!
I have always thought that granola is such a difficult thing to make, and time consuming, but now when I how easy and quick I can make it, I fill my jars as soon as they are empty.
To make your own granola is also a lot cheaper, than if you buy it from the grocery store, and when you make your own, you can decide for yourself, what to put in it, and how sweet you would like it. Granola tempt to be very sweet when you buy it, and it is often not very healthy.
This recipe is:
- high of protein
- filled with healthy nutrients
- contains natura sweetener
- salt free
- gluten free if you use gluten free oats or any other flakes such as quinoa- or millet flakes
- simple to prepare!
- 10 minutes prep time
- breakfast heaven;)
Chocolate & Banana-Cinnamon Granola
You can enjoy your granola with some plantbased milk, or vegan yogurt. I love to add some fresh fruits and berries too!
You can also try to add some granola to a fruit salad, or a creamy porridge. Or what about to decorate a delicate dessert with some of your crunchy granola. Be creative, and enjoy!
On this picture you can see my creamy millet breakfast/dessert with homemade cashew butter (I got a peanut butter maker machine from my partner as my birthday gift, and with that I can make any kind of nut butter in almost no time! The best gift I could imagine! Did I mention that I am a passionated foodie? Just kidding hehe, you should know that by now that I am a crazy vegan foodie, right!), enjoyed together with berries and some granola of course.
Now- lets share the recipe:
For 4-5 portions.
- 1 cup (gluten free) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp amaranth
- 1 tbsp popped amaranth
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon (ceylon)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (unsweetened)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional but not necessary, you can replace the maple syrup with chopped dates if you like to)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut shred
- some vanilla from one vanilla bean
- 1 ripe banana
- mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead/work together the mixture with your hands or spoon until it sticks well together. If you have children, they will have a lot of fun while helping. You can add the cacao to only one part if you like to have 2 flavours. But do as you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degree celsius (or 180 degree cesius for more crunch).
- Spread the granola on parchment paper.
- Bake the granola for 10 minutes and let it cool down before filling your jars with it.
- Storage in jars.
- Enjoy with plantbased milk or yogurt and berries/fruits!
- Tips: Granola is a great gift. Simply add granola in a beautiful jar, decorate it if you wish and write a sweet message. Everyone will appriciate such a yummy gift!
No time in the morning for a breakfast? Fill granola and dairy-free milk in small jars, and take them with you. Enjoy on your way to work, or later in the office.
This is also the perfect snack for pregnant women who are hungry all the time. Or for busy parents! Now you have no excuse to not try my recipe;) Let me know what you think!!
I know what I am going to make tomorrow morning, my jars are already empty (again), and I need to stock up granola for the next few days!
Sending you some great love vibes right now, and wish that all of you will try my recipe! No regrets, but worth everything!
A healthy lifestyle, starts inside your mind, and goes all the way to the food you feed your body with.
Yesterday I had to take a break from all activities during the evening and night, I really just needed a good sleep, so I went to bed with my little boy at 8 pm and woke up at 8 am. Sometimes you just need to listen to your body and gives it exactly the rest it needs. I felt so relaxed and energized in the morning today, and had so much motivation to make the best out of the day. That was the best decision I could have made, even if I didnt get work done, I took care of myself, and thats always most important in life.
While you are still here, take your time to check out my other recipes and recent posts:
Dream cake: Vanilla & Chocolate Cream Cake
Breakfast Ideas and recipes, top 5!
Bliss Balls: Healthy Energy Balls
Brownies: CHOCOLATE BROWNIES!
Coconut Ice cream Cake: Coconut Ice-Cream Bundt Cake with hot Jam and Chocolate!
Poetry & Inspiration:
Thank you all! ❤
I want to inspire you to live your dreams, eat delicious, wholesome, nourishing, healthy food, and keep a creative mind. We all can do that, now!❤
All images are mine. Please dont use without my permission.