Sweet Pumpkin Pancakes - Vegan RECIPE - #fruitsandveggiesmonday
Today's it's Monday, so what about to start the new exciting week with sweet pumpkin pancakes!
Who loves pumpkin as much as I do?
Pumpkin is delicious in soup, lasagne, risotto and also in desserts! If you haven't tried pumpkin in pancakes, try these. Pumpkin makes the pancakes extra juicy and sweet. They not only taste good but are also very healthy.
Here some fact about pumpkins:
Health benefits of pumpkins:
Pumpkins are actually very high of vitamins and minerals, and also low in calories. Pumpkins are one of the best-known sources of beta-carotene, beta-carotene is a well known antioxidant that boost the immune system and fight illnesses. Our body converts any ingested beta-carotene into vitamin A.
Eating pumpkin is good for the heart as it contains vitamin A, high amount of fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and the vitamin E, that is also good for our eyes. A regular pumpkin consume (or other fruits and veggies that contain a lot of minerals and vitamins) can prevent cancer.
Pumpkin can also help to control diabetes.
Nutrient fact from 1 cup cooked/baked pumpkin (unsalted):
- 1.76 g of protein
- 2.7 g of fiber
- 49 calories
- 0.17 g of fat
- 0 g of cholesterol
- 12.01 g of carbohydrate
This amount of pumpkin also provides:
- More than 200 percent of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin A
- 19% of the RDA of vitamin C
- 10% percent or more of the RDA of vitamin E, riboflavin, potassium, copper, and manganese
- At least 5 percent of thiamin, B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus
Source: USDA National Nutrient Database
My tips when you have guests for dinner/breakfast is to make a big dessert platter with fruits, berries, nuts, any other sweets, pancakes and some amazing vegan cakes! Everyone loves that.
These pancakes are healthy, sweet and so delicious just as they are, or with fruits, berries, but butter or chocolate.
Sweet Pumpkin Pancakes
makes 8-10 pancakes
100 g hokkaido pumpkin puree
100 g almond flour / rolled oats (or gluten free flour mix of choice)
1/4 cup oat milk (or any other dairy-free milk)
1 pinch of sea salt or Himalaya salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminium free)
Optional: 2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- Simply blend all ingredients in a blender for 1 minute and then
- let it set for 15 minutes.
- Heat a iron or a non stick pan on a LOW heat, add a little coconut oil for the first pancakes and
- add 1 tbsp/pancake from the batter to the pan.
- Flip around when you can see bubbles on the surface and they start to get 'dry' on the uncooked side.
- Cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with chocolate, peanut butter, fruits, berries or whatever you prefer.
Today I am going back home again after a few days with my grandparents in the Netherlands. The weekend was very sunny and we enjoyed long walks and celebrated my grandmother's birthday. I have had much more sleep than I use to have at home and that was really enjoyable. I want to change my sleep habits when I come home, to go to sleep earlier and wake up before 7 am. I will need some discipline for that, so this week will be exciting with some new challenges and habits!❤
This post is of course my entry into my dear Lena's #lenasveganliving and her #fruitsandveggiesmonday !
This contest is such a great initiative where we all can inspire each other living a healthier life.
Take care all of you, sending you many love vibes from here!😙❤❤❤💃💃💃
While you are still here, take your time to check out my other recipes and recent posts:
- How to find your inner purpose in life❤
- CHOCOLATE CUPS to die for!With roasted almond filling and peanut butter! RECIPE!
- Healthy Breakfast & Dessert Idea - Vegan Recipe! Millet Porridge with a warm Blueberry Jam
- 3 Ingredient Pancakes! Recipe! VEGAN, SUGAR & GLUTEN FREE. And how I contribute to a happier, and healthier world.
- MATCHA-CHOCOLATE CAKE! Recipe - Vegan - Raw
- HELP NEEDED! CHOCOLATE MUFFINS! Gluten free and refined sugar free
- WHY YOU CANT MAKE ME HAPPY, & a HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE! Sugar Free & VEGAN
- Congratulations to the Winners of the #VeganBreakfastContest!!!
- How to create the perfect layers for a parfait!
- VEGAN TIPS🎆 Monday motivation on healthy living- tips and tricks for everyone!
- A simple Friday pizza for everyone!
Thank you all! ❤
I want to inspire you to live your dreams, eat delicious, nourishing, healthy, and keep a creative mind. We all can do that, now!❤