Happy Easter! (for those of you who celebrate it) How do you spend your Easter holidays?
It's time for the best brownies you will taste in your entire life!! Ready? Jump down the page for the recipe!
My toddler has a fever again, so I spent the day with him at home, cuddling and holding him in my arms while he was sleeping. No time for a Easter celebration, but I dont mind. The last few days have been quite intensive with parts of my family visiting us and many activities in the city, and me making delicious food and treats for them.
So we definitely need some time off and recharge. But we had a great time with them.
When you dont have the chance to meet your family very often because of the distance, you appriciate the time more when you come together. Thats a great gift.
I made my brownies for my family and they really loved the fudge and chocolate, and couldnt belive they were made with CHICKPEAS! No one could actually guess that, because chickpeas has such a natural flavour and you can use in anything! Really love that. As you may guess, the chickpeas makes my brownies very healthy and rich of protein, so eat as many as you can without guilt! They are completely sugar free, gluten free and cruelity free!;)
Sounds great? Thats exactly what they are.
This recipe is not a new, I came up with it a few months ago, but as I remake them quite often, I would love to share it here with you again. Hope you dont mind;)
Chocolate Brownies (foolproof recipe below!)
- high protein source
- dairy free
- egg free
- gluten free
- adjustable for allergies
- cruelity free
- no added sugar
- natural sweetened
- worth remaking every week!!
Do you notice the fudge, the chocolate? Let me know if you make them, I will resteem your picture!
Note: all the recipes and pictures I share are originally mine. Dont share without permission, write me (I am kind of friendly person, I really dont bite;)), if you want to share them, or you can simply tag me.
Lets go straight to the recipe, no need to keep it secret for you anymore!
a small brownie pan/tin / for about 10 people
10-15 minutes prep time & 25-30 cook time
240 g boiled chickpeas* (cook your own chickpeas after soaking them in water for 12 hours. Canned chickpeas will also work, but look for the unsalted once)
110 g dates (pitted and chopped)
3 tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter*
100 g of your favourite vegan chocolate (choose a sugar free vegan chocolate when possible!)
3 tsbp raw cacao powder (or normal cacao powder, unsweetened)
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
pinch of vanilla
(Don't preheat the oven!)
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan filled with hot water.
- Blend the chickpeas, nut butter and the coconut oil for some minutes in a high speed blender before adding all the other ingredients.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend until smooth/well combined (for at least 5 minutes or until the mixture is very smooth.
- Press out the batter on a baking sheet or make some bliss balls. (NOTE: If you make bliss balls out of the batter, turn them in scredded coconut or popped amaranth and freeze them for some minutes!)
- Heat the oven to 180°C and let the brownies bake for about 25 minutes. ### (Note: if you double the recipe, heat the over to 175°C and bake for 30 minutes!) Be careful to not bake the brownies to long, then they will get to dry.
- Let the cake cool down before slicing it into cubes. Keep the brownies in the fridge for some hours or overnight for the extra fudge!
*Note: you can use butter beans and chestnut puree instead of chickpeas and instead of nut butter you can use coconut butter. It works really good and is perfect if you have some allergies.
I wish you all a very nice and happy start into the new week! Take care and see you soon!;)
While you are still here, take your time to check out my other recipes and recent posts:
- LAST MINUTE EASTER DESSERT! Coconut Ice-Cream Bundt Cake with hot Jam and Chocolate! Vegan & GF! A foolproof recipe for everyone!
- Chocolate Muffins with a blueberry jam filling! GF, refined sugar free, vegan and so juicy RECIPE to try out today!
- This MOMENT- POETRY AT THE AIRPORT
- Sweet Pumpkin Pancakes - Vegan RECIPE - #fruitsandveggiesmonday
- How to find your inner purpose in life❤
- CHOCOLATE CUPS to die for!With roasted almond filling and peanut butter! RECIPE!
- Healthy Breakfast & Dessert Idea - Vegan Recipe! Millet Porridge with a warm Blueberry Jam
- 3 Ingredient Pancakes! Recipe! VEGAN, SUGAR & GLUTEN FREE. And how I contribute to a happier, and healthier world.
- MATCHA-CHOCOLATE CAKE! Recipe - Vegan - Raw
- HELP NEEDED! CHOCOLATE MUFFINS! Gluten free and refined sugar free
Thank you all! ❤
I want to inspire you to live your dreams, eat delicious, wholesome, nourishing, healthy food, and keep a creative mind. We all can do that, now!❤