I was listening to Ned talking on Steemspeak yesterday and he mentioned that any member of the community can engage in outreach and spreading the word about Steemit.
This is very true. For many projects in their infancy there is not a huge budget for marketing and promotion. This does not have to be a hindrance though.
Viral marketing successes have shown us that a good idea can be as effective as a million dollar marketing campaign.
With Steemit we have a strong and vibrant community. There is a lot of potential brainpower that could be tapped for promotional ideas.
Further competitions are a great way of tapping into that kind of potential Whether it is our own weekly photo challenge or the X-Prize - they really seem to help motivate people to come up with creative ideas.
Idea for the Prize
Whilst listening to Steemspeak I was also noting how I've hit 114 Mega Vests and I was about to power up to make it 115.
Then I had another thought -that 1 MegaVest won't make a huge difference to me but it could raise someone who is a new user to being a superuser level account.
I also realised I had not done anything to celebrate and thank the community after reaching my long term target of 100MV.
So what better way to celebrate than have a competition where I reward a fellow Steemian with that 1MV worth of Steem and make it about Steemit promotion ideas?
The Competition - the TLDR part
I will power up one person's account by 1MV if they come up with the best low cost idea for promoting Steemit to other people.
1. Comment with your idea below. (You will get extra points if you can actually put it into practice and show some results).
2. State what you like the most about Steemit (in case I can't decide between a few users this could act as a tie break).
3. Any level account is eligible to enter but for any high level accounts e.g. superhero or above I would suggest that you nominate another lower power user to receive the prize.
4. You have one week to come up with ideas. The deadline will be 6pm GMT next Saturday (26th November 2016).
5. Resteems and other types of sharing are appreciated but not mandatory.
6. If any other users would like to match or add to the prize fund to make things more interesting please let me know.
7. I will make the final decision about who wins but I will take community opinion into account too.
8. The rules may be changed in the event of unforseen circumstances.
9. Be sure to have fun!
Thank you for reading.
If you like my work and aren't already, please follow me and check out my blog (I mainly discuss photography but I do other topics too) - @thecryptofiend
Photo Credits: All photos are taken from my personal Thinkstock Photography account. More information can be provided on request.
(Verification for me here: http://www.aapicture.com/about-me)
Some of my other recent posts
- Let's make email great again - my alternative idea for a Steem App/Utility
- TIL - A terminally ill 14 year old girl won the right to have her body cryogenically preserved before she died
Are You New to Steemit and Finding it Confusing?
These resources may help:
- For a Quick FAQ - Try this
- To learn about Markdown (to help you post) - Try this
- Need to know Steemit Etiquette? - Try this
- Need some free images for your posts? Try Steemit4free - make sure to check which images it applies to.
- Need to talk to a human for help? - Try the chat
- Need Mentorship? - Try Steemprentice - here is a link that explains it, and here is the chat channel.
- Need a Free Image Host that works with Steemit? - Try SteemImg - it automatically produces markdown and html links for you, as well creating thumbnails and more.
- Need to Buy or Sell Steem/SD? - Try this tutorial for Blocktrades.
(Want to use this list in your own posts? - download the text file formatted in Markdown here.)