Stake-Weighted vs Account-Based Voting: Is the Trending Page About to Change!?
There's been a lot of excitement over the last few days about the way we vote here on Steemit. This all stems from a talk Ned Scott did at the GOPAX Meetup in Seoul, South Korea, where he discussed Smart Media Tokens and the option to use Account-Based Voting instead of Stake-Weighted Voting. This got a lot of attention from the Steemit community due to the many complaints users have had about our current Trending page algorithm. Many in the community seemed to believe that this was a hint of what's to come for us here on Steemit.
But would account-based voting actually improve the way "good content" gets ranked on the platform? And is this something that we would even see get added to Steemit? I answer these and other questions in today's video.
Links Mentioned in Today's Video:
- MinnowFund Applications Are Now Open!
- Making Sense of Steemit Currencies - Steem, Steem Power, and SBDs
- SteemTipper: Promoting Steem Through Generosity
- Steemit SMTs and How They'll Impact Steem's Value
- SteemGigs - Offering Freelance Gigs on the Steem Blockchain
- Zappl - Twitter For The Steem Blockchain?
- Weekly Comment Catch-Up 4/13/18
- Upvote Bot Updates - Higher Payouts, Increased Power, TOS, and More!
- How to Encrypt Your Steemit Memo Messages
- SteemChat: Staying Connected on the Blockchain