How to Encrypt Your Private Wallet Memos
Today's video will be sort of an addon to yesterday's review of Steem.chat. Although Steem.chat is a great way to get in touch with Steemit users, there are some concerns about spam messages, or even worse, that you're not talking to who you think you are. Thanks to @newageinv for brining up this point.
Well, there's always the ole trusty wallet memos, and today I'll show you how to send a memo and encrypt it so that only you and the receiver can read it! It's really very simple.
Here's the way the unencrypted and encrypted messages will appear from the outside world...
Only the user receiving the transaction has the power to unlock the memo and they do this by logging in with their Memo Key.
- SteemChat: Staying Connected on the Blockchain
- @brandonfrye Upvote Bot Blacklist Announcement
- Dear Steemit, Can We Get the 411 on the 504? 😗
- BrandonFrye Upvote Bot Updates 4/5/18
- Steemit Communities/Hive: What's All The Buzz!?
- MinnowFund: Assisting Minnows Through Funding and Education
- What Is "Quality Content" And Does Steemit Need to Be Fixed?
- Exciting Updates: Upvote Bot Payouts, Comment Rewards, Increased Earnings for Delegators, And More!
- Steepshot iOS App Review & Walkthrough
- All About Delegation (And Where to Invest!)