Welcome to the 100-word short story contest, hosted by The Writers’ Block. We are a community of writers and editors devoted to supporting high quality fiction and poetry, and we have many exciting plans in the works to raise the visibility of quality content here on Steemit. To read more about our upcoming plans, see this post: The Triangle Theory.
This contest is about writing tight fiction. It’s about helping you to hone your craft by writing within a strict word limit. Writing micro-fiction is an excellent vehicle for sharpening your skills because it forces you to write a complete story in which every single word counts.
How to participate in the contest:
- Review the prompt words.
- Write a short story in exactly 100 words, incorporating the prompts.
How to be a contender:Make sure your story includes these elements:
- One or more characters
- Conflict. This can be anything that creates a challenge for the character(s), including a disagreement, a threat, a loss or a longing.
- A story arc. Build the tension. Make us feel wary, excited, fearful, etc.
- A resolution. Bring it all to a close in a satisfying way.
- Write a story, following the guidelines above.
- Incorporate both of the following prompts in your story: fighting, rays.
- Use the following tags: #twbwritingcontest, #100words
- Post your story to your own blog, and provide the link in the comments of this post.
- Submit your story by the contest deadline of Saturday, September 1st, 2018, by 23:59 EST.
This contest will have one winner, who'll receive 10 Steem.
While it is not a requirement, we will appreciate it very much if you upvote this post and re-share.
If we have excellent participation, we will make this a regular thing. We look forward to reading your entries!
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : http://www.writersblockcentral.com/uncategorized/introducing-our-100-word-micro-fiction-challenge/