Good day and welcome to another exciting edition of #throwbackthursday...
Source: my old rickety camera
My Throwback Story
It was a beautiful evening so many years ago. My friend's mother just got delivered of a baby boy after so many years of having only her.
My friend screamed in tears when she was sharing the good news with me.
"So I will yet have someone to call my blood.
So I will no longer be called a witch who wanted to live all by herself.
So now I have someone to play with".
Be calm, I told her with so much tears in my eyes. I could totally relate with this.
If you are from the part of my country where my friend hails from, you might understand how my friend felt... She was from a place where rumors are better believed than facts. She was from a place where an only child is accused of stopping her siblings from coming to join him/her.
Having a second child join their home was a dream come true for my friend and her family. It was everything to them and they were ready to paint the town red.
The naming ceremony is called ikomo ceremony in Yoruba language.
The ikomo is culturally held on the eighth day of the child’s life. On that day, the chosen names are revealed to family and guest present at the joyful occasion. There’s plenty to eat and drink and most importantly, prayers are offered on the child’s behalf.
About my throwback picture
We, the friends of the new sister(my friend) didn't want to be left out so we decided to have our "aso ebi".
The idea was to dress like alhajas which was why I was dressed that way in the picture. There was lots and lots of things to eat and of course many reasons to laugh.
PS: My friend and I have lost contacts, we are now in various cities and have gotten busy with our individual lives. Thanks to #throwbackthursday. This picture took me down Memory Lane and all the memories I shared with my friend are back. This is what #throwbackthursday are for!
Let's hear your story!
Let's bring back some memories 😁😁😁
ABOUT LAST WEEK
Last week was the first episode and I was really wowed by the stories I saw. The stories had me smiling to my phone all through.
We had a total of twenty five entries. Wow! That was huge for a start!
This means a lot to me. Thanks fam😘.
THIS IS NOT A CONTEST but I will be sending a little token of love to all that participated. This means a lot to me.
Special thanks to these wonderful darlings who I shared this thoughts with before bringing it on here. They gave me a big boost. You all mean a lot to me😘😘😘😘😘
@tojukaka @fisteganos @amec @adejoke16 @jeaniepearl @ogoowinner.
So it's #throwbackthursday, let's have some fun. Here is what it entails
- Resteem and upvote this #throwbackthursday post. We want others to see this and participate too.
- Go ahead and do your throwback post. Just pictures aren't allowed. There's always a story behind every photo and this story MUST be told.
- Use the #throwbackthursday tag, let's get this trending.
- Drop a link to your post in the comment section of this post.
- Add the link of this original post to your post and invite your followers to join this fun.
- Let's have some fun and get this tag trending #throwbackthursday #tbt. If other social media platform can do this, we are a platform with a difference. We can do this also with a difference. We should not be left out of the fun.
- THIS IS NOT A CONTEST but freebies might be given at the end of every week to a selected few.
Let's Get the full package on steemit... Let's have some healthy fun💃💃💃💃
Tell us your story.