Steemit Security: How to Protect and Recover Your Account
Steemit Account Security and Recovery
- Don’t keep a lot of SBD in your account
- Use your Private Posting Key to log into your account
- Active Key is used for transfers, power ups, etc.
- Master Password is only needed for account changes
- Keep your Master Password offline (cold storage) and keep it secure
- Note that your keys are case-sensitive
- Update your Master Password from time to time (recommended every 30 days)
- NEVER share your Private Keys with anyone... Especially your Master Key!
Recovering Your Account:
- Go to Stolen Account Recovery from the Main Menu
- Supply most recent Master Password (used in the last 30 days), your username, and email
- Without your keys you cannot recovery your account at all
- If you have just your posting and active keys you can still recover your funds but not your original account
- Account Recovery must be completed within the first 30 days of your account being compromised
Further reading on Account Security:
- SteemWorld.org: The Future of Steemit Stats?
- MinnowBooster Project Overview
- Comparing Bitcoin (2009) to Steem (2018)
- Steemit Bandwidth Error And How To Avoid It
- Steemit Registration: How To Speed Up The Process
- Where Does The Money Come From (Value and Rewards Pool)?
- Steemit Reputation: How It Works and How To Gain More of It?
- 10 Things You Shouldn't Do On Steemit
- Daily Comment Reward -
- Upvote this post
- Leave a unique comment (not just a "great video!" or "follow me")
- And you could win $20 USD worth of SBD!
That's it! It's also a great idea to go ahead and follow my channel so that you don't miss any upcoming posts. You can do that here: https://steemit.com/@brandonfrye