🥬🌮The Oriental Taco Super Hero Saves The Day! (Vegan/Gluten Free/Low Carb)🌮
If you want tacos bad enough-- nothing will stop you!
No corn, no wheat... no tacos?!?
What kind of world are you living in amigo? NOT MINE!
A world without tacos might as well be a world without a happy me that's what I'm sayin'.
Better fix that!
I'm gluten-free so I normally make my own corn tortillas but I've given up corn at this non-carby-sugary time in my life and the first thing that came to my mind was what about tacos?
I already live in South East Asia which is not the taco-iest place in the world so... what's a girl to do?
I want to be honest with you right out the gate--
These are not your normal tacos as I am sure you can gather from the picture but they sure do the trick when corn and nutritional yeast and wheat and hot sauce anddd beans are not on the menu!
These are probably more like a cabbage wrap... but they're also like an oriental cuisine kind of taco that saved me from the demise of my cravings so let's go with that!
They have the important things:
- They fit in your hand
- They're kind of messy
- They're saucy
- They're delicious
- They're easy to make
Let's make them!
What You Need:
- Chinese cabbage leaves
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup lentils (cooked)
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 tsp cajun
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp veggie broth
What To Do:
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces or put it in a food processor and steam it for about 3-5 minutes
- In a skillet on medium heat, pour 1 tsp olive oil and add in the minced shallots and garlic
- Add in the veggie broth, cauliflower, lentils, spices, and liquid aminos into the skillet
- After about 5 minutes, turn to low, cover and stir frequently until the cauliflower is cooked
- Steam the cabbage leaves
- Stuff the cabbage leaves with the lentil/cauliflower mix and wrap them up!
Serve with some liquid aminos or tamari for tipping! (I know, we're more on the cabbage wrap side of things now but don't blame me for trying to convince myself!) :)
I wish you yummy in your tummy!
Love and Light ✨
What did you miss from me? Here's what I've been up to lately:
Delicious Treat You Right Granola
Communication 101 (for Angry Lions)
Spaghetti Vibes Salad
Unsuspecting Veggie Drool Inducer
Pumpkin Spice "Latte" Nibbles
Jicama Hash Mash Bash
Rad Rainbow Coleslaw! (Rainbows are ALWAYS DELICIOUS!)
Something Like Ratatouille
Not Your Plain Ol' Veggie Tray