Here a special 2 in 1 post, or 1 post 2 contents, including a first creative contest! (Yes I try to post less and be more efficient :-D Not becoming more lazy :P). Today, was the first day of the second cycle at the @GlobalSchool. Yes, it is already re-starting! Indeed, I realized late yesterday by having a look to my email while writing the last post, the second group is not starting as I thought on next Monday, but effectively tomorrow, I mean today 21 of February. I realized this yesterday around 22h while Thierry (@bialbo) contacted me for a brainstorming and announcing that Claver, the IT project manager cooperating with us at solidarityworld ngo, is back. It is only while checking the email of Thierry that I found the emails of Peter and of Nicole from Austraining, structural partner of the Global School,organizing notably the venue and accommodation of the participants. That is why I shorterned the last post, to go to sleep and wake up in time. NB: I will still do my best to improve the last post as I can. ;-)
If you are looking for the info about the contest do not hesitate to go directly to the middle of this article, you'll find the info there after the presentation fo the participants of the second cycle at the @globalschool! =)
Global School - second cycle, day 1
So, this morning, around 8h, I sent a little message to reply to Nicole and Peter who tried desperately to contact me yesterday to fix the meeting place for the appointment and introduction session with the students today while my phone was off. However, after some exchange of messages, I arrived around 11h15 at the Youth Hostel in Brigittenau (20th district in Vienna) and met the team of Austraining just finishing the orientation session.
Arriving, I received a warm welcome and proceeded to a little exchange with Peter and with Nicole. We exchanged in a short time on a lot of important topics that we felt both really concerned about, notbaly about the difficulties of finding work placement and tutors for the students who are motivated to make an internship, the various situations in which the work placement cancelled the students as they couldn't integrate them or find them interesting tasks to do. We also talked about our nearly one year of cooperation, the complexities of social work, commitment and participation, as well as about the realities of self development which is impacting business and social development, etc. I have been really surprised as the discussion was going on, they shown me their worries and interest about the difficulties I am going through as well as offered me gently a meeting to exchange with their team next week to put in place concrete solutions. I was so happy to realize they were sharing with me their motivation to cooperate further with the globalschool and with me in a near future. Challenges and opportunities that I’ll be glad to explain more in details next week after meeting them. I can't tell how happy I am to realize that the commitment in making the globalschool a reality would make them sensitive to it. I feel honored and grateful to just have seen/heard their concern, they made me feel really empowered and this is a wonderful reward that I really appreciate.
After this wonderful discussion, Peter introduced me to the group sitting in the main lobby room. Peter worrying for their English skills told me:
Jean, it can be complicated, they are really beginners in English and some are little shy.
I jumped on the occasion to share some first words and jokes with the participants telling them:
don’t worry if you don’t speak a good english... Me neither ;-)
I think it gives a smile to everyone… After introducing fast my background and how I would like to proceed, I invited them to also present themselves, try to explain their motivation and share what are their expectation for these 3 weeks. Then I introduced fast @creative-commons, @slothicorn and steemit.com, while Peter was still listening us. I was really surprised to see all of them understanding what I was telling. Indeed, this is a good beginning. =) Talking is not the most easy even while knowing well a language.
After the short intro Peter quit and make clear that he would be interested to know more about steemit, so I promissed him to come to make an introduction to Austraining soon. I'll keep you informed about this. ;-)
Each of the participant took some minutes to present themselves, their interest, skills and what they are willing to do in some words. I made as clear as possible, that I will be happy to hear their expectations and what they are willing to achieve than to give them projects and activities with which they would go back home unsatisfied. I'll do my best to be sure it is clear, and incisted that any boring activity should be avoided while we are working together :))) It is only after this that we really open our computers and made some researches and online explorations in order to start this publication together, tomorrow everyone will be writing their own #introduceyourself.
Before to start writing we also took the time to understand better steemit by having a look to https://steemworld.org/ and see how all of this works more in details. We tried to research about the steem, steem dollar and steem power, their values, characteritics and difference as well as checking about the points of reputation.
Presentation of the participants
Here the presentation and first contribution of the new participants of the second cycle at the @globalschool!
Today, we get to know a bit about the @GlobalSchool, and what I understood of it, it is a project which raise awareness about crypto-education, exchange best practices about topics such as creative-commons or blockchain and provide an environment for practice in a lot of fields. We got a little introduction to the Steemit platform, particularly in how it can help creatives to live. I'll be happy to be involvedfurther and in taking pictures and publishing them these next weeks. Yes, I’m especially interested in a taking and editing photos. What I would like during these 3 weeks is working on making and editing photos and photomontages, so I'll try to know more about the Global-Collage project https://steemit.com/global-collage/@playitforward/global-collage-a-steemit-arts-community-steem-powered-collage-effort-with-slothicorn.
I would like to gain more skills in photography over these 3 weeks as well as see how steemit can be beneficial for my projects.
I am also at school: http://ckziu.legnica.pl/. where I am in the same class with Malwina and Monika. It’s my year second year in the phototechnican cIass. I asked teachers and colleagues from the older class about Erasmus+ that is how I decided to join.
Today we get an introduction about the Global School, and discovered how it is helping creatives people by promoting crypto education and for example involving about intitatives such as creative-commons or slothicorn. Then we get to explore steemit in which I will be involved in the next days by writing and making pictures to publish and experiment the tool.
My name is Monika. I’m 17 year old and I am from Poland. I am also living in Legnica where I am going to the school with my friends at http://www.ckziu.legnica.pl. I am going to class with Justyna and Malwina. Justyna and Paulina are another class.We all learn to become photo technicians. After getting some info, I asked the teachers about how to participate to Erasmus+ and it is how I get to discover today about the GlobalSchool, a project cooperating with a lot of entrepreneurs, creatives, ngos and with slothicorn to help creatives and entrepreneurs. In the next days, I will take pictures and try to take part to some contests on steemit. I'm interested in photo design, edition fotos and drawing. However, my biggest interest is taking photos, so please, do not hesitate to let me know in reply if I could create a picture of Vienna for you while I am here!
As you can see we already started to work and cooperate in order to make this article and have a first step with steemit and started to discover the wonderful world of initiatives which are supporting creativity.
If this post was already too long and you did not find the contest, dont worry! I'll publish again soon to be sure a maximum of you are participating. Hope you'll enjoy the challenge!
CONTEST (open to everyone, deadline March 21th)
WIN 50 SBD! Participate to the slothicorn globalschool meetup poster challenge!!
(..no it is not a long name, words are too short, it is true :P)
As the first contest organized some days ago has been so successful and bringing so much great results, such as
I can’t resist to continue on that way. To celebrate the cooperation between @slothicorn and the globalschool, I would like to invite you to this second contest. =)
Create a poster of slothi at the @globalschool. To do, you’ll need to check out my previous posts related to the @globalschool, be inspired by the #slothicorn collective ideas as well as by @creative-commons and @ccommons.art. Take the time to make yourself a big picture. You’ll get a better idea of what we already initiated and of what is possible to do.
On the poster we need to see:
- the participation is free of charge,
- the various activities and workshops possible to experiment,
- the participants or students are also mentors at the global school,
- a place to learn and earn where all the chain of creation to the distribution is possible by cooperation to enable each other idea to flourish,
- it is a bottom up and decentralized solution for self and collective developement,
- a multi sided workspace
- on the 22th of March it is the world water day...
- please let a space for the details such as date and location which will be changing depending where the meetup is organized, you can also already use a dummy location text such as "Meetup from ...h... up to ? in a nice place - Slothistreet 42, Slothiland, Dimension XII."
- the logo of the globalschool
- For example, you can organize a simple session to introduce platform such as steemit and explain to the participants how to create their account and introduce themselves using the hashtag #introduceyourself.
- You know how to use a camera to make photo or movies? Invite the community to cooperate and learn together making a movie or reportage.
- You are creative and know how to use editors? Organise a little introduction and small training to enable people to exploit more easily their creativity.
- You are motivated but don't think you have any competence which is valuable? Make some researches and find some tutorials, invite people of your neighborhood to discover these tutos with you!
- You like to cook? Or have a taste to healthy food? Organize a cooperative kitchen and table. Do not hesitate to contact me to know more about how to find a place to host your meetup if you do not have a clue, I’ll do my best to help and share my experience. ;-)
- You have ideas but don't know how to put them into practice? Invite the community to discover and exchange ideas and people with more experience to share their path of success.
- Yes, it is possible to everyone to organize the globalschool!
- 1. Like this post.
- 2. Resteem this post.
- 3. Create a poster considering the relevant info in this post (yes if you did not read yet there was a section named for exmple "On the poster we need to see" which I guess can be useful and have been placed before the contest section ;-), so do not forget either, you can also find about the @globalschool in my previous post.
- 4. Post your poster with some explaination and with the hashtags: #slothicorn #globalschool #creative-commons #ccommonsart as well as 1 hashtag of your choice. Integrate a PSD or editable file to enable the future contributors to edit the poster with the details such as address and dates of their workshops =)
- 5. Follow @slothicorn, @ccommons.art and the @globalschool.
- 6. Post your entry link in reply to be more seen.
- utopian.io/@slothicorn - A new Open Source Project on Steem
- @spiritualmax - A History of Slothicorn
- @stellabelle - Rules for Submitting a post to Slothicorn
- @inquiringtimes - Free Culture and The Creative Commons
- Slothicorn Off-White Paper
- @justatouchfey - The Slothicorn Alternate Reality Game
- @slothicorn - Help build our new AR Game
- @rubenalexander - Shop and Drop RPG
- @ccommons.art - Community Project
- @slothicorn - How to earn Crypto for your Art. Slothicorn for Dummies
PS: The template for this article is accessible here
If you like the initiatives in which I am engaged, please consider sharing some SP or make a donnation to one of the following accounts:
If you liked this post, please ...
The goal of this poster is to empower and enable anyone to organize easily with the help of @globalschool, @slothicorn, @creative-commons, @ccommons.art and many other supporters: offline experiences to explore creativity and network learning within local meetups to increase creativity and entrepreneurship as well as to develop new revenues for the contributors who are participating.
With this poster, if you want to contribute to the slothicorn movement and take part to the @globalschool, you will be able to raise awareness online and offline with a simple offer of network learning and practice around the topics related to crypro-education and usage of blockchain, new media and before everything else, your own experience!
Inspiration: what you can expect by participating or organizing a #globalschool meetup:
More idea or want to contribute further? Join on discord for a chat. =)
This last weeks, we already started to prepare a template and a serie of visuals with the participants of the last groups at the @globalschool. Here a composition with some of the visuals we made together to learn and practice vectorial design:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution 4.0 International License
To participate you need to create a poster that we can use for print as well as for online communication. The winner will be selected by a jury who is still not involved yet or depending on their availability, considering the number of votes by the community and will be announced after the 21th of March! (More precisions will be posted in a forthcoming article).
Here are the rules :
After you do all this you are eligible to win the prize! The winner will be announced after the deadline which is on the 21th of March. Good luck everyone!
PS: I can send funds to any SBD wallet you prefer.
DO NOT MISS!! From March:
Weekly newsletter + a 10 SBD Giveway Contest!
History of Slothicorn: https://steemit.com/slothicorn/@spiritualmax/the-sloth-historian-and-so-slothicorn-was-born