What if we could harness the spectacular growth of Bitcoin, and other digital currencies, to rebuild Houston and the region devastated by Hurricane Harvey?
I think we can!
Hurricane recovery costs billions and takes years - long after the news media has moved on to the next crisis, there will remain people in desperate need trying to rebuild their lives. Donations that get the early crisis under control are important, but donations that build endowments that keep on giving for many years are even more important. Digital endowments based on the growth of the Bitcoin industry offer a unique way to build resources big enough to fix everything. Join us at the billionherocampaign.com and learn how your donation can be amplified many times over by leveraging the explosive growth of the digital currency industry.
- A million dollars donated in Bitcoins five years ago at $4 are worth a billion dollars at today's $4000+ prices.
- A million dollars donated in Ethereum two years ago are worth nearly a billion dollars today.
and raise a million dollars for Harvey victims?
Why, we could pay to rebuild everything in Texas in just a few years!
And caring people are already donating much more than a single million.
We are talking billions in hurricane relief funding!
I think we can do it. There are several good choices, but my favorite is BitShares.
- BitShares is much stronger than Bitcoin and Ethereum were before they joined the million-to-billion club.
- BitShares already processes twice as many peak transactions per day than Bitcoin and Ethereum combined.
- BitShares can scale to handle 100,000 transactions per second while the other two clog up at one or two dozen.
- BitShares already has a Billion Hero Campaign set up to turn its donated million dollars into a billion to give away to 12 contest winning Good Causes.
- BitShares could easily grow from 15 cents to 150 dollars in two years - if enough people adopt it as their exchange.
- And BitShares supports smart contract endowments that would allow Houston to use donated funds without spending them.
That's right. BitShares has a smart coin called the HERO that is worth about $160 and grows at 5% annually. If you have three HEROs worth of BitShares as collateral, you can borrow another HERO to spend right now - while your collateral keeps growing!
just take out a "home equity loan" using them as collateral!
So, if you donate $30, it could grow to $30,000 collateral in two years while Harvey victims get a steady series of HERO payments that add up to $10,000 - without touching the $30,000 endowment you have cleverly built for them.
If a celebrity donates $3 million, Houston could get a continuing funding stream up to $1 billion over two years.
If you feed a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you give him a growing endowment, you feed him for life.
You can donate any digital currency from Bitcoin to Ethereum to Dogecoin and the HERO endowment engine will work the same way.
The Billion Hero Campaign is going to start raising such an endowment immediately and present the plan to the Texas authorities when we are in Austin next weekend. We'll sponsor BHAP Rebuild Houston with our own Billion Hero Prize and encourage others to raise up an even bigger prize dedicated to the victims of Harvey.
This way, we can keep funding the reconstruction of Texas long after it has faded from the news.
If this works the way we think it will, we'll be ready for other world-wide disasters in the future.
And in the process, we'll give the world its first honest money and level economic playing field.
You can donate any digital currency on the BitShares DEX to the bhap-rebuild-houston account on BitShares and watch how it spins off Heros for Houston over the next two years.
I see Skenan has already made the historic first donation!
Eddy Taylor at 1+ (310) 940 2404 in the EDT time zone.