My fellow Steemians,
As always on every Friday, here is my witness update, this one being number five. I, among other great witnesses, try to be active, and a weekly witness update is a good way to show that. This is in hopes of gaining your witness approval vote.
@jesta had devised a template that I've been using, which will be used here too. And as always for witness update posts, I will use the Power Up 100% option.
1. Accomplished the week of 2016-10-21
- Worked on some more code work on Steemit.com codebase on GitHub. I will check in these changes as soon as I finish them up.
- Discussed and planned more with @timcliff on the "Welcome to Steemit" page. (He does a lot of good things for Steem and really deserves your witness vote!) See the Community Draft Content Review for what will be included. I am in the process of turning this into a live page on my test site so folks can see what it may look like once it (hopefully) gets integrated into the official site.
- Adjusted my running price feed to use a 12% bias for a better peg.
- Explored a bit on Golos as many others have. They have a few enhancements on their official site that may be great on Steemit.
- Started my STEEM miner again thanks to a critical bug fix. See Adventures of STEEM mining PART 5 - BACK!
- Worked some more on some Steem-related web projects. Announcements soon, stay tuned.
2. Upcoming projects/goals
- Work on the "Welcome to Steemit" page and have a demo up.
- Submit Steemit.com codebase changes currently working on.
- Continue with @timcliff's wish list and trying to implement some of the items there.
- Continue with the Steem-related web projects and have announcements and demos.
- Continue being active on Steemit, Steemit Chat, and GitHub.
3. Thoughts from this week
One of the exciting things that happened was the Steemit hackathon in Oslo. There were many new applications and development that came out. @ned also gave a keynote about things that were in the works. See @dragosroua's post Ned Scott On the Future Of Steemit: a Non-profit Foundation, Advertising-based Revenue and Competition over the Blockchain for more detail.
There were many posts that should bring about some thinking:
- @mrosenquist - Attention Economy of Steemit
- @papa-pepper - WHY NOT TRY TO TAKE A MENTAL WALK IN THE SHOES OF A WHALE?
- @dennygalindo - Differentiate and Win!
- @cryptogee - Addressing Steemit's Social Confusion
- @stellabelle - Who Is Jeff Berwick? Scam Artist or Businessman?
- @stellabelle - If Steemit Had Sex With Medium
- @mynameisbrian - Steem Price - The rollercoaster is just beginning
- @joseph - WHY ARE SOME OF STEEMIT BEST WRITERS LEAVING? ARE YOU FEELING IGNORED? WHAT CAN WE DO TO INCREASE RETENTION OF CREATIVE WRITERS? DO WE HAVE ROOM FOR SIMPLE SOCIAL POSTS? HOW CAN WE BALANCE BETWEEN SOCIAL MEDIA AND CREATIVE CONTENT?
And great initiatives and news:
- @pcste - personal milestone - over 500 posts - i will give 1 SBD per day to posts i think contribute to steemit but don't get much recognition.
- @clayop - Steem Dollar Pegging Bot Beta Release
- @xeroc - various software releases including [Changelog] Piston 0.3.4
- @williambanks - Havin! The game that allows you to spend steem dollars in the real world. Huge Update!
- @someguy123 - Steemfeed-JS - now with real exchange queries and median averages
- @good-karma - Announcing SteemFest Mobile application!!!
- @good-karma - Steem Monitor - Mobile app to monitor Steem blockchain is now open-sourced...
Finally, thanks to everyone who have voted for me as witness. The list has shuffled a bit this past week and I have gone up a few in rank, currently at 45! Thanks to all who support me and like what I do. It is all very much appreciated!
4. Previous week's update, other links
- bitcoiner - Witness Update #4 - 2016-10-14
- bitcoiner.me - Full Node Details, Live Node Test, Witness Posts, Worldwide Connections Map