As more people are using Steemfeed-JS, I finally took the time to port over my automatic exchange proxy system used by SteemValue (Python), to NodeJS, allowing me to easily query any exchange, and proxy via BTC/USD where needed.
This means witnesses using my script will have a much more accurate pricefeed, as it uses both Poloniex and BTC-e for the BTC/USD calculation, and Polo+Bittrexx for BTC/STEEM. It obtains the median average from the combined sources, helping to prevent price manipulation. It's also been tested to handle exchanges going offline, or returning bad data.
You can obtain the pricefeed from here: https://github.com/Someguy123/steemfeed-js
It can be ran as both a normal Node V6 application, with just a few dependencies, or it can be ran within the
node:6 docker image as described in the
README on the Github.
- Queries multiple exchanges (and more can be added just by writing a small adapter)
- Uses median average to filter out bad data
- Allows you to customise the peg percentage in the config file
- Rather than alter the price directly, it adjusts the
quote, allowing sites like SteemDB to display the bias
- Extremely reliable. I built this after getting tired of the Python version randomly hanging. This script runs for days and never seems to crash or gets stuck.