Oh The Endless Possibility,
Let Your Imagination Run Free
And Maybe Win Some SBD!
Welcome to Tell A Story To Me. We are back with another prompt, and the results of the last round. Yet again we had a really high standard of stories, and plenty of well deserved curie votes to prove it! Thank you all so much for sharing your wonderful tale!
The stories were amazing, yet again, You guys always deliver, and give me a wonderful afternoon, enthralled in worlds of your creation. I am so grateful, it was as difficult as ever to pick a winner, but without further ado!
The Winners #6
This story did an amazing job of setting the prompt in the background, growing a story out of the world it led to. The characters had a believable depth that made them memorable, creating a story that really pulled me in.
@dirge with The Grand Quiet
I really wanted to give prizes to so many of these fantastic stories, I am so glad so many of you came back to vote so I could give away plenty more! That said, there were still some real stand out stories that were only just pipped to first place,
You each get an additional 1 @steembasicincome share for making it so hard to chose!
Thank you to everyone who came back to vote for the authors choice award, our very well deserved winner this round, getting a 1 @steembasicincome share and 1SBD
Normally we only have one winning voter, but this time, all our voters won this time - 1 @steembasicincome share for voting goes to:
Anyone can win 1 @steembasicincome just by voting so even if you don't have chance to enter, you can head back for another chance to win!
First Place - win 5SBD in every round
Second Place - this is triggered once we hit ten entries, and 1SBD and 1 @steembasicincome share
Third Place - this is triggered once we hit twenty entries and is either 1SBD or 1 @steembasicincome share
Stand Out Story - if I am still thinking about your story by the time the next contest goes up, you will win your choice of 1SBD or 1 @steembasicincome share
Author's Choice & Voters Prize - I have a prize for Authors Choice so I am asking everyone who enters to vote for their favourite from the other entries - I will release a list of entries when the contest closes and will be asking for the votes there. One lucky voter will also win!
1. One Entry Per Person
2. Prose, poetry, any form of fiction is accepted, as long as you tell me a story based on the prompt
3. Your entry must be written for this contest, and inspired by the prompt
4. Entries must be submitted by Midnight (BST) on Monday August 27th (That gives you two weeks to enter)
5. Use #tellastorytome, you don't have to, but your stories are so good I feel like they deserve their own tag
6. One picture only please, additional images of text are fine, but I want you to tell me a story with words, so only one actual picture
7. First Place wins 5SBD more prizes up for grabs if we get enough entries - sadly if we keep getting no SBD in payouts, this may have to switch to steem
8. Link back to this contest somewhere in your post. I would be really grateful if you also resteemed this contest (not doing so won't get your entry disqualified, but it is very much appreciated to help get the word out there, and more entries means more prizes)
9.I don’t really want to specify how long it should be, so no min length, and aim for under 4,000 but if it goes a little over, don't worry, I normally find myself wishing your entries never ended
10. Post a link to your tale in the comments below
Your entry must be inspired by this prompt, I am looking to hear the story where
Deep below ground, a portal opens...
I want to hear the story of a bridge between dimensions/worlds/realms/whatever on the other side. Something must pass through the portal, one way or another. This doesn't have to be the main focus of the story, and can be the setting in which your story plays out, or it can be the driving force, the rest is up to you! Since we have a bit longer than we used to, I am giving you a broad scope here, just make sure your story grows from this premise.
If you are looking for more ideas, some of the questions you could answer include:
- Is it public knowledge? Who knows? How do those who know react to this?
- What comes through/lies beyond?
- Where did it come from?
- What are the consequences for earth as we know it?
I have left a lot open, and look forward to seeing where you go with this. This could go a lot of ways, and I am looking forward to seeing who's story you chose to tell, and where it takes them.
Don't forget to include a link in the comments!