This post is intended to cover the server costs for SteemWorld.org and to enable me to continue my development in the future.
In case you missed the first part:
SteemWorld ~ Weekly Support ~ #1
Dieser Post ist dafür gedacht die Serverkosten für SteemWorld.org zu decken und mir in Zukunft weitere Entwicklungen zu ermöglichen.
Falls du den ersten Teil verpasst haben solltest:
SteemWorld ~ Weekly Support ~ #1
We are now running on the new server and it looks like all features are working properly. If you didn't have any issues using SteemWorld in the past week, that's a good thing and my first mission seems to be accomplished :)
I didn't configure the server with the many performance optimizations that I used before, because I don't have the time currently and I need to change the configuration anyway when the final steps for switching to SDS are on the horizon. If there should be any performance problems in the coming days/weeks, that's because my server is busy with compressing approximately 450 GB of data and with parsing the whole blockchain with SDS in background. The new machine seems to do the job very well, as expected.
The good thing about my server being busy is: I can work on improvements for SteemWorld in the meantime. Even if the site might look completed to the average user, I tell you: There are still many things to improve and some really great features are still waiting in the pipeline ;)
The Transfer Search Tool now contains a summary row at the bottom:
Thanks to @daan for inspiring me with his post:
How to Calculate Your Drugwars Investments and Returns Using Steemworld + Spreadsheet
The text size of the account operation's data is now being adjusted based on the level (relative deepness) of the contained sub data:
I'm not fully satisfied yet, but at least are the
custom_json's a bit better readable now. More optimizations will come when switching to the planned responsive layout.
Further text size and alignment adjustments are on the horizon:
A special thanks goes to @louis88 for detecting a potential security risk regarding XSS attacks with
custom_json operations. Even if there was no way to attack a different account than the own on SteemWorld, it's good to have that fixed now.
Coming Open Source Steem Data Service (SDS)
- Runs on Linux, Mac and Windows
- Can be run locally or as public web service
each of usto analyze and work with the Steem blockchain data in a simple and very efficient way (SQL and custom queries can be used too)
- Syncing is possible via available public instances (very fast) or regular Steem nodes
- Provides automatic downloading of already parsed data (no need to start from block 1)
- No need to setup any database services (all file-based -> no layers in between -> lightning fast)
- Offers configurable datasets (if you just need a DB with all transfers for example, you can run an instance with only the desired parser module 'transfers' enabled)
- JS developers can easily implement own parser modules (just add a custom script in the modules path and the service will call the
parseVirtualOperationmethods within your script for each block)
- Also 'virtual operations' can be parsed (or downloaded from one of my servers that will provide all parsed datasets in nearly realtime)
- Highly compressed data (some crazy stuff and a bit of magic involved here, more details on this soon)
- Interfaces to other database systems planned
- Completely free to use, will be released under MIT license
In the making
( A )
- Post Viewer and Editor
- More details in Coming Rewards (number of posts and comments, pie charts)
- Improved Coming Curation Rewards
- Thinking about if/when to start a witness node
( B )
- Different views, no limit in the Posts Overview (requires SDS)
- Account Operations without limits, custom date ranges and filters, jump to day x (requires SDS)
- Exact (separated SP, STEEM and SBD) All Time Rewards in the Stats Section (requires SDS)
- Rewards Overview Tool with searching capabilites (requires SDS)
( C )
- RC costs calculation
- New responsive SteemWorld that can be run locally (Open Source)
EN | What is SteemWorld?
-> Welcome to SteemWorld.org!
DE | Was ist SteemWorld?
-> Willkommen auf SteemWorld.org!
Thank you for supporting my work!
Positive thoughts create a positive world. It all begins with connecting our thoughts with emotions. What we focus on is what becomes powerful. We are the creators of our world.