My Thoughts and Theory on Steem Price Sustainability
It has come to my attention that some people may have slightly miss interpreted some of my points last night on @pennsif's amazing radio show!
What a group of people in the discord, from the presenter, to the guest speakers, to the amazing steemians listening in who were typing at a rate never before seen (I still have rows of discord text running thought my mind). But what amazing inputs and suggestions there were from everyone!
Most importantly, its so great to see that there is a community of people who care passionately who were bought together by the likes of @llfarms to see what some of the biggest project leaders are doing on the steem blockchain.
I wanted to reiterate in a more clear way hopefully, the point I was making about creating and retaining value on the blockchain. I know that some people may have slightly mis-understood what i was saying from the jumbled words of my passionate rant, and I wanted to clarify some of those points in the video below so that people could more accurately digest them.
The main point is that value in must be greater than value out and that value must be captured and retained in the price of the STEEM token if we are to have sustainable growth. In the video I go through the following points:
- 00:00 Basic Culture Shift for Sustainable Steem Growth
- 01:04 Speculative vs intrinsic value of the STEEM Token
- 04:46 How to pull the price off its ass
- 05:40 What value in to the blockchain is
- 11:52 What value out of the blockchain is
- 17:19 What creates the price (and coin market cap position) drops
- 18:49 What creates price increases
- 19:25 How a start up on steem can capture value and retain it in the steem blockchain
- 21:30 How an existing business can capture value and retain it in the steem blockchain
- 22:28 How a charity can capture value and retain it in the steem blockchain
- 24:25 How a user can capture value and retain it in the steem blockchain
I hope this helps clarify how I think we can all contribute to increasing the value in the steem blockchain.
I am happy to continue the discussion in the comment and I look forward to your inputs and improvements to my theories.