Just as a key matches a lock,
so too the right word reveals your truth.
After this word sounds, there are no doubts.
As a boat slides over the water’s expanse,
as a river flows, embraced by a bank,
as a moonlit path trembles on a clear night,
so freely the spirit breathes in truthful lines.
As fallen leaves die to feed the earth,
as seeds sprout to become bread,
as vines stretch to the sun to bring a feast,
so gently a sequence of insights
changes a human being,
intangible, like a bird's line of flight.
- My sincere gratitude to the Isle of Write Poetry Pond workshop for deep feedback and precise suggestions.
- Photo by jeronimo sanz on Flickr.
- Isle of Write logo below courtesy of @pegasusphysics.
My Other Poems
My Posts on Writing
- Write Better: Join the Impact Feedback Group!
- How to Give Feedback and be Heard: Use Nonviolent Communication
- How to Give Feedback on Writing
- Pyramiding: A Writing Technique Helping to Make a Text Richer
- A Teacherless Writing Group: Why It’s Needed and How It Works
- How To Keep Writing Interesting Posts For Long Time: Use Freewriting
- Writing Without Teachers by Peter Elbow
Interested in a relaxed place to learn new things or just kick back and chill with other writers and creative types? Check out The Isle of Write chat server!
Under the "Workshop Waters" category are all of the places you can go to both give and receive help, advice, feedback, and inspiration as an artist.
Check out The Isle of Write’s introduction post for more details!