You're invited to join the Impact Feedback writing group helping Steemians become better writers.
Writing is central to a content platform like Steemit. Most value here is produced with text content. The more users who join the platform, the higher the stakes in creating quality content worth the reward.
Impact feedback is a special kind of feedback showing the author how the text was perceived and experienced by readers. It's given in a criticism-free, advice-free manner. Unlike ‘classical’ feedback offering evaluation or opinions on what to improve, impact feedback just shows the "movies" happening inside the reader's mind and lets the receiver decide what to do.
The goal of the Impact Feedback teacherless writing group is to help its members produce better text and to better evaluate their own work. The members share their perceptions of a text, i.e., the feelings and thoughts they experience when reading the text, helping the author know how the work is coming across.
This work is done by members for members. The group’s facilitator also provides feedback on the quality of members feedback.
- Be polite and treat group members with full attention, respect, and empathy.
- Share with the group one text per week (any genre, 200 to 2000 words long).
- Give feedback on texts of other group members.
- English language posts only.
- New members are to be approved by the group facilitator.
How It Works
- Apply for membership on the Isle of Write’s Impact Feedback Channel.
- You will receive access to the group’s closed website where you will share your work and get feedback from the rest of the group.
- Have fun!
The participation is free of charge.
Currently a new group is being recruited. You can apply or ask questions on the Isle of Write’s Impact Feedback Channel; or, if you’re shy or aren’t acquainted with how Discord works, apply directly on the Impact Feedback website. A group can include 7 members only, so don’t miss the opportunity!
- How to Give Feedback and be Heard: Use Nonviolent Communication
- How to Give Feedback on Writing
- Pyramiding: A Writing Technique Helping to Make a Text Richer
- A Teacherless Writing Group: Why It’s Needed and How It Works
- How To Keep Writing Interesting Posts For Long Time: Use Freewriting
- Writing Without Teachers by Peter Elbow
Interested in a relaxed place to learn new things or just kick back and chill with other writers and creative types? Check out The Isle of Write!
Under the "Workshop Waters" category are all of the places you can go to both give and receive help, advice, feedback, and inspiration.
Check out The Isle of Write’s introduction post for more details!
Whaleshares is a community of crypto savvy Steemians founded by @officialfuzzy. The vision of Whaleshares community and BeyondBitcoin Hangout Series is to give people a voice to speak about their favorite projects in the blockchain tech space. We need to enable more people and incentivize more creators to be part of the community, help build and benefit from in a synergistic union. Join the community Discord server offering many channels from general talk to post promotion to contests!