10 Shocking Facts About The Dark Knight (2008)
Hey movie marauders! The Dark Knight was released July 18, 2008, and is the sequel in The Dark Knight Trilogy directed by Christopher Nolan. The Dark Knight is considered to be one of the best comic book films. It has an amazing plot, and the best performance of The Joker by Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight was the first comic book movie to get to $1 billion at the Box Office, and got a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. I think The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie right now (We will see about Ben Affleck's). Let's take a look at some fun facts about The Dark Knight (2008)!!
1. We all know that The Joker constantly licks his lips in the movie. Heath Ledger (who plays The Joker) did not do this on purpose, but because the makeup/prosthetics he had on were uncomfortable. Ledger was told to keep doing it because it was creepy.
2. Christian Bale (who plays Batman) was not allowed to ride the Batpod (The Bat motorcycle) because it was too dangerous.
3. Michael Caine (who plays Alfred) originally had a line when The Joker crashes Bruce Wayne's party. Caine was so terrified by what Ledger looked like, so he didn't say anything.
4. When they were shooting the scenes where The Joker is chased by the SWAT vans, an IMAX camera--1/4 in the world at the time of filming--was destroyed.
5. To prepare for his role as The Joker, Heath Ledger spent 6 weeks in a motel room alone. During this time, he developed The Joker's laugh and voice (He didn't want to copy Jack Nicholson's Joker).
6. Christian Bale wanted to keep the Batman suit after filming, but he had no space for it. He instead took the Batman mask.
7. Heath Ledger actually directed both homemade videos The Joker sends to the news station. Director Christopher Nolan supervised the first video, and liked it so much that he let Ledger do whatever he wanted.
8. The new Batsuit in this movie actually made Christian Bale much more agile and comfortable. The Batsuit was made from 200 pieces of rubber, metallic mesh, nylon, fiberglass, and elastic banding.
9. Heath Ledger made The Joker makeup himself using drugstore items. The makeup team had to recreate Ledger's look everyday for filming.
10. When a chase scene was being shot on Lake Street, the Chicago Police got many calls from citizens that the police were chasing an unknown dark vehicle.
Thanks for reading! Check out some of my other articles by clicking the links below
- Kingsman 2: What Should We Expect?
- MOVIE REVIEW: Why Kong: Skull Island (2017) Was So Good!!!!
- Everything You Need To Know About Justice League (2017)
- The Lego Movie vs. The Lego Batman Movie
- How Wonder Woman Saved the DCEU
- Who Is The Best Spider-Man?
- Thor Ragnarok (2017): What We Know So Far
- 10 Facts About Dunkirk (2017) That You Don't Know About
- The Hunger Games vs. Catching Fire