Today, we will be having another porky delight! I had a craving for a honey-glazed food item so a quick google search led me to a decent recipe! This recipe is short, simple and sweet! This is a Garlic Honey-Glazed Pork Chop! Grilled to perfection! Absolutely gorgeous!
This recipe will not have specific quantities as it is up to you as to how saucy you want your meat to be. Also, thickness of the chop used may affect cooking times so be wary of that. The pork chops we used were quite thin and thus, they cooked rather quickly.
- Soy Sauce
- Garlic, Minced
- Pork Chop
- Mix the Ketchup, Honey, Soy Sauce and Garlic together.
- Sear the Pork Chop lightly on a pan.
- Slather on the marinade mixture.
- Put it on the grill! Don’t be afraid of a little charring on the outside but don’t let the whole thing burn to a crisp. (Alternatively, you can use a turbo-broiler)
- Serve with mashed potatoes. (You can use the same process for making the potatoes for my Shepherd’s/Fisherman’s Pie)
In the end, the meat looked beautifully glazed. Unfortunately, I slightly overcooked it, making it hard from my grandfather to chew (My teeth can gnash through it just fine. Perks of having sharp molars!)
I think for future reference, I may add a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top. Cooking is an adventure, a journey and an experience. You will always be experimenting and learning from your mistakes. There is no such thing as a true prodigy when it comes to any skill. Practice will always make perfect! Thus, I am always on the quest to improve and hone my craft (despite being just a hobbyist, haha!)
This is part of the Strange Eats series where I share recipes and food reviews! Feel free to check out my other recipes in this series:
Beef Wellington by Gordon Ramsay
Braciola di Maiale con Pasta Aglio Olio
Family "Flavourite" Lasagna
Grandmum's Honey Baked Salmon
The Perfect Steak
Stout Beef and Cheese Pie by Jamie Oliver
Honey Glazed Lamb Rack