Please if you are Dutch/Belgian please leave the "correct" answers for other people from other languages, so we can all have fun! The prize for the "funny" answer is bigger anyway. Bedankt!
I'm back home in Netherlands, I definitely have to try and squeeze in Infinity War before this month is out! Otherwise, it is just full steam ahead with house stuff and keeping the @classical-radio account humming along!
Last week's idioms were pretty tricky, I didn't get any myself, and it appears no did! However, there were the funny entries that won SBD!
I'm learning Dutch. Everyone is familiar with idioms in their native language, but in an adopted language, they can quickly make you sound like an idiot! So, these are a few idioms in Dutch that I'm trying to learn, before I make an arse of myself!
Photos are my own, but the artwork is from a game called "Het Spreekwoorden Spel" that I was introduced to whilst studying Dutch!
To play this game, no Dutch is needed, I will give the literal translation in English.
- Upvote if you want, it helps me out to get the prizes done. Resteem if you want, again exposure means that maybe I can continue to increase the prizes!
- Have a go at trying to guess the meaning of each picture/idiom. You can enter BOTH a serious and a funny entry.
- Do it for each three!
- So to be clear: Each picture, a funny entry and a serious entry!
- Winner is at post payout. For the first serious correct entry (of each picture) there is a prize of 0.1 SBD. For the funniest (determined by me!) entry (for each picture) there is a 0.25 SBD prize.
- So, 6 prizes! You don't have to make an entry for each, but please make it clear so I know what is going on!
- BONUS: if you make an entry (required) and resteem (not required) then you go into a random draw for an extra 0.1 SBD. Just write resteemed in your answers so I don't have to chase everyone down!
- Resteem with NO entry doesn't give you anything! You also NEED to write that you resteemed, otherwise I can't find it a week later...
Een schot in de roos
A shot in the rose
From higher hand
Smelling the fuse
Answers and winners from last week
In het oog springen
Jump into the eye
Meaning: Catches the attention
Why Sauron, what blue eyes you have
Rare bokkensprongen maken
Making rare jumps?
Meaning: To be unpredictable
vente el baile esta caliente (come the dance is hot)
Door het lint gaam
Go to the ribbon
Meaning: To be very angry
Who broke the limbo line
Bonus Resteem Prize
Thanks to everyone who resteemed, I have put your names in a random picker and the bonus prize goes to @martymnp.
Horizontal Rulers by cryptosharon
Team Australia footer by bearone
Account banner by jimramones