My fellow Steemians,
Welcome to my tenth witness update. I do these weekly on Fridays as some other witnesses do, so I may keep my followers and the community up-to-date. Hopefully, this will show that I strive to be an active and reliable witness and that I may hopefully gain your witness approval vote.
I will use @jesta's template for these witness updates as he is awesome. And as always for witness update posts, I will use the Power Up 100% option.
1. Accomplished the week of 2016-11-25
- Posted about the "Welcome to Steemit" page that is now live on the site! See the post The Official "Welcome to Steemit" Landing Page is Now Live!. This was done in collaboration with @timcliff for quite some time, so it was fantastic to finally see it put into production.
- Paid out more than 500 SP to all the participants on my recent free giveaway at Steem Power Giveaway #3 - Completely Free. There were more than 100 submissions and even invalid and late ones, but accepted nevertheless! I will continue to do more of these in the future.
- Upgraded my servers to the 0.16.0 release candidate 3. See the post Steem 0.16.0 Official Release for more information. These include my primary dedicated witness node, my backup witness node, and my public full seed/api node. I have signed more than a dozen blocks so far with this new release. The RAM usage is significantly lower than ever! My seed node is taking a long time to sync from the network and is not responsive at times, which I will investigate more into.
2. Upcoming projects/goals
- Continue to spend time on the Steemit.com codebase.
- Monitor my steemd nodes with the new 0.16.0 release candidate.
- Continue with @timcliff's wish list and trying to implement some of the items there.
- Continue being active on Steemit, Steemit Chat, and GitHub.
3. Thoughts from this week
This week we saw a few new additions, tweaks, and fixes to the Steemit.com site. One was the "Welcome to Steemit" landing page mentioned above. There can of course be more changes to it. Also new to the site are my code changes I had submitted. These are listed in my last witness update post. For example, did you notice the "Settings" link in the user profile dropdown, or a few clarifying word changes to the hamburger menu? As the Steemit.com codebase is open source, anyone can submit changes to it!
The hardfork is coming soon, bringing economic changes that will hopefully help the price of STEEM in the long run.
There continues to be many great ideas on how to bring Steem and Steemit to the next level. It'll be an interesting ride for sure. Are you a Watcher or a Player? Watcher or Player?
Finally, thanks to everyone who have voted for me as witness. I am currently at 43! Thanks to all who support me and like what I do. It is all very much appreciated!
4. Previous week's update, other links
- bitcoiner - Witness Update #9 - 2016-11-18
- bitcoiner.me - Full Node Details, Live Node Test, Witness Posts, Worldwide Connections Map, Witness Schedule Live Visualization