This is a report on the weekly contributions to the bug hunting category. The post contains basic stats like the number of contributions received by the category, an excerpt on new contributors if there are any and a detailed comparison of the week's output with previous weeks.
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 44, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 45, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 46, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 47, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 48, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 49, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 50, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 51, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 52, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 53, 2018
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 54, 2019
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 55, 2019
- Weekly overview of the bug-hunting category- week 56, 2019
Bug hunting contributions summary
- Week 57: January 24th - January 31st.
- 15 Contributions, 12 scored higher than 0.
- 1 Task Request.
- An average score of 43.75.
- 10 unique contributors.
This week we had 15 contributions, 4 more than we did last week. And as with the previous week, 60 percent of the contributions were targeted at eSteem mobile V2, while the 4 other projects got the remaining 40 percent.
12 of the 15 reports were scored higher than 0.
The highest scored contribution was by @blockchainstudio. He noticed on the busy.org interface that:
A weekly powerdown amount may exceed the remaining powerdown amount; thus, voting value can be negative.
Cause and Fix
This bug is due to the floor operation in the calculation of weekly powerdown amount, as explained in details in https://github.com/steemit/steem/issues/3237 Due to this, the entire powerdown may take 14 weeks. Thus when calculating 14-week powerdown amount, it should be at most the remaining withdrawal.
A user currently has the ability to delete the tag input field therefore if accidentally deleted, the user doesn't have the ability to enter tags for their post.
Rufans on testing swapsteem discovered that:
Entering "swapsteem.online" in the address bar without the "wwww" does not automatically redirect the page to "www.swapsteem.online". Instead the user is redirected to "https://shortener.secureserver.net/error_404".
Weekly Average Score and number of Contributions
- The average score this week is 43.75
- The average score is approximately 13% lower than the 4 week average of 50.34.
- This week's average is lower than the 4-week average by 6.59.
- It is lower than last week's average of 50.91 by 7.16, that is 14% lower.
Hunter Totals and Average
- This week we had 10 unique contributors, 2 more than last week
- There were 4 reports by a single contributor, @face2face. 2 reports from @blockchainstudio,2 from @rufans and 1 each from the other 7.
- @horpey is still the category's top contributor with 11 finds. That is 11 finds since the start of the new year, he's closely followed by @blockchainstudio with 10
- Approximately 27% of the contributions were scored higher than the week's average
Reports Reviewed By Reviewer
The category has received 52 contributions this year, 2019. The contributions received by the category in the past 4 weeks were assessed by 3 reviewers. 48 were rewarded and scored higher than 0.
- @fego has reviewed 36 contributions with an average score of 51.06.
- @tobias-g has reviewed 16 contributions with an average score of 48.8.
- @crokkon has reviewed 1 contribution, with an average score of 45.
Common Mistakes And How To Fix Them
I will be highlighting the common mistakes found this week, and I will be offering tips on how to avoid them in future contributions. The tips will depend solely on the scores received by the contributions in a particular week.
1. Contributions scored 0
The feature is intended and is not a bug.
- My advice is - if you are not sure it's a bug, then wait for the PO to affirm your observations. I know most times the project owners are too busy and do not respond in reasonable time and so you are pushed to post on utopian without them first acknowledging whether an observed behavior is a bug or an intended. It can be frustrating but I'd still advise that hunters in the future should wait for the PO's thoughts, especially in cases where the details behind the implementation in question are sketchy.
2. Contributions with a score below 40
The title provided sufficient information, but the description of the steps to bug reproduction severely lacked in clarity..
- To avoid being scored with this option in the questionnaire, contributors are advised to always include sufficient detail to reproduce the bug, as well as screenshots, video recordings or animated GIFs if they help to describe and identify the reported bug. These details should be within the context of the bug. Recording or documenting steps that are irrelevant to the bug will affect your score.
[ Task Request - SwapSteem ] - Inviting Bug Hunting and Ideas contributions for Swapsteem. by @swapsteem
Interested candidates can test our application for potential vulnerabilities, possibilities of scam or loss of funds/data. We are accepting any potential security issue since we are dealing with funds here. If you find a bug/vulnerability, you can raise an issue using the template provided in the repo.
While the new guidelines are yet to be implemented, bug-hunters and open source enthusiasts looking to help open source projects, please take a look at our whitelist of projects that you can submit bug reports for:
If you wish to have your open source projects added to our whitelist you can contact us on our help channel at our discord server. You can also leave your questions and comments below :)