Team Australia new recruits 20/06/18—Adelaide FTW!
G'day, G'day! This week's post is going to be shorter than usual but this always happens when the steem price tanks—I struggle to find new Aussies to join. So even though I've reached out to a bunch in the past week, only two responded and they're both from Australia's steemit capital, Adelaide! But, there's also some other steemit stuff going on, so I think it's still worth doing a post today rather than rolling it over into next week.
@datascience has organised a meet-up for Sunday 24 of June, 3-5pm at the Local Tap House, St Kilda East. Word on the MSP-Team-Australia-street is that a few people are going this time, so I think it will be a good one.
Interstate traveller @positiveninja will be in Melbourne for work a day later so a dinner is planned for Monday 25 June, 6-8pm at Upali's Sri Lankan Restaurant, Glen Waverley.
Details of both here.
End of month drinks are on again next Thursday 28 June, from 6pm at the Jade. Details here.
I know a bunch of you like writing restaurant reviews so @tasteem is probably something you want to know about. In its words:
"Tasteem is a curating platform for the best restaurants you’ve experienced, through our weekly contests with new themes."
Info post here. It's got a decent delegation for upvoting too, so if reviewing eateries and taking pictures of food is your thing, get on it.
The usual community notices
You should follow @mrsquiggle, who is doing a great job recognising Aussie creativity by curating quality content.
If you have spare witness votes, you should consider voting for @curie as well as the MSP witnesses, particularly @ausbitbank and @aggroed, who've a done a great job in getting the MSP project off the ground. Current active Aussie witnesses include @ausbitbank, @jackmiller, @thekitchenfairy, @quochuy and @bobdos.
Check out @anzub, the Australian and New Zealand upvote bot in the Australia-New Zealand Discord server. You need to register to receive upvotes and delegations are welcome. Speak to @jackmiller if you have questions.
Lastly, if you're feeling generous, you can delegate SP to the Team Australia upvote bots @centerlink, @mrsquiggle and/or @anzub (or any other bot you like) using Vessel. You can delegate to any of the MSP bots using this link.
Name and bio
Intro post here.
"I may be the very worst Canadian in that I thoroughly dislike the cold. My happy place is 30+Celsius! I rug up in the Adelaidian winter and always have a fire going!"
Hey, you don't have to explain that to me. Winter sucks. And Canada is beautiful. In summer.
Name and bio
@jordan.white306 is from Adelaide and a student taking a gap year. He's into photography, travel, reading poetry and novels, documentaries, and music.
Intro post here.
"I once put custard over my dinner at a restaurant thinking it was white-sauce. That was humiliating."
Congratulations mallsballers, you're now part of Team Australia.
The rules for joining Team Australia
If you’re not yet a member and want to be, this is what you need to do:
- Vote here for our resident steemit witness and our Minister for Welfare @ausbitbank.
- Send me your introduction post so I can find out a bit about you. If you’re new to steemit you'll have to write one so use the introduceyourself and teamaustralia tags to help boost your following. Use this handy guide by @teamsteem if you don't know what to write.
- If it’s not mentioned in your introductory post, tell me which city and country you’re in, cos let's face it, a lot of us live in Australia's fourth largest city—London. You need to have a connection to Australia to join.
- Tell me a fun fact about yourself. This can be anything. For example, maybe you have eight kids and three dogs, or you rode your bike across America, or you won the blue ribbon for javelin throwing at sports day back in high school, or Toadie came into the pub you work at one day and you served him a beer, or, maybe you can fit 55 maltesers in your mouth like Ed Sheeran can. It doesn’t matter what it is, I want a fun fact about you! The more fun, the better.
- Regularly check the Team Australia and Australia tags and upvote/follow the content you like. You can show your support by following the centerlink curation trail in steemauto. Instructions are here.
- Comment below or DM me in PAL-Discord that you want to join.
Once I receive this information I will try my best to write a good introductory paragraph about you for the official Team Australia membership updates. So the better your information is, the better I can make you sound. Where relevant, please use the teamaustralia and australia tags to promote your work. I will try and post weekly updates.
Gif by @justcallmemyth
Team Australia footer by @bearone