When Is The Best Time to Upvote a Post?
What a great question... and one I get often.
Many Most people come to the Steemit platform as a way to earn a secondary income while sharing their content and curating other people's posts. So it's no surprise that people want to know the best time to upvote a post in order to earn the highest curation rewards possible. And that's exactly what we'll dive into today!
IMPORTANT NOTE: It's important to note that in order to earn any curation rewards you have to hold Steem Power. So I recommend to power up your Steem as much (and as often) as possible. The more Steem Power in your account, the higher weight your vote has, which in turn allows you to earn a higher percentage of the curation rewards. Thanks to @mightypanda for bringing this up in the comments below.
Links Mentioned in Today's Video:
- Steemit Hardfork 19 ''Equality'' Overview by @steemitguide
- Steem Releases on GitHub
- Steemit FAQ: What Determines Curation Rewards
One question you may be asking is...
What happens if say.. a post only gets upvotes after the 30 minute mark? Will all of the rewards still go to curators?
While I don't have the most concrete answer to give, I suspect that 75% of the rewards would still go to the author of the post. So, if you create a post and get only one upvote (worth $10), and that upvote came 30 minutes after publishing, my assumption is that you would earn $7.50 of the rewards while the rest is paid out to the curator. If anyone knows the exact answer to this, please let me know!
- 4 Very Important Roles in the Steem Ecosystem
- Upvote Bot Updates - 90% Delegation Payouts, Increased MinnowFund Growth, and Improved Blacklist!!
- Weekly Comment Catch-Up 5/18/18
- 1 Million Steem Users.. But Wait There's More!! 🚀😮
- Home Studio Complete! Plus, Some MinnowFund Updates!!
- Taking My Steemit Videos to the Next Level in 2018 🎥
- My 2018 Goals. Plus, The Weekly Comment Catch-Up!!
- Exchange SBD for Steem (or Steem Power) with ZERO FEES!!
- This Week's MinnowFund Delegatee is @adeyemidrey!
- Stake-Weighted vs Account-Based Voting: Is the Trending Page About to Change!?