Earlier on this year I found out that it had been shortlisted as one of the finalists.
Sadly it didn't win but it was still wonderful to get into the list of finalists given how amazing the other work was.
The Face 2015 Book - A lovely surprise in the post!
Yesterday I received a large package in the post and was delighted to discover it was a hardback book of all the winners and finalists.
Here are some shots of the book. For those who are interested in the photo more I have some information on it at the end of the post including the original unedited (never previously posted) version and some shots from the same set.
The Photos (download link)
2 - The Original Unedited Shot (never posted anywhere before).
The camera used was my Nikon D800 and I used my usual portrait lens (for indoor shots) which is the Nikon 85mm/1.8. The model (Rachelle Summers) was standing next to a window (camera right) and I also used a hand held reflector. It was sunny with intermittent clouds outside. The light was constantly varying and even slight changes in pose resulted in different effects which you can see in some of other photos (below).
After doing basic retouching of the photo in Photoshop I added grain and adjusted colours in Nik Color Efex Pro 4. This was a variation of the Purple Film recipe that comes with CEP4.
Some Shots from the Same Shoot
6 - This and the proceeding shot are the same RAW photo edited and cropped slightly differently.
If you like my work and aren't already, please follow me and check out my blog (I mainly discuss photography but I do other topics too) - @thecryptofiend
Camera: Nikon D800 with Sigma 24-70mm/2.8 lens. Model is Rachelle Summers.
Photo Credits: All photos are my own unless otherwise stated and free for you to use under the terms of Steemit4free
(Verification for me here: http://www.aapicture.com/about-me)
Some of my other recent posts
- The Only Piece of Art I have left from School and What Made Me Give Up Art for so Long
- New Graffiti from the Sage Gateshead (free for you to use in your own posts)
- More Architecture plus some Graffiti Too - The Sage Gateshead (free for you to use in your own posts)
- Dunstanburgh Castle IR shots (free for you to use in your own posts)
Are You New to Steemit and Finding it Confusing?
These resources may help:
- For a Quick FAQ - Try this
- To learn about Markdown (to help you post) - Try this
- Need to know Steemit Etiquette? - Try this
- Need some free images for your posts? Try Steemit4free - make sure to check which images it applies to.
- Need to talk to a human for help? - Try the chat
- Need Mentorship? - Try Steemprentice - here is a link that explains it, and here is the chat channel.
- Need a Free Image Host that works with Steemit? - Try SteemImg - it automatically produces markdown and html links for you, as well creating thumbnails and more.