Today is my first day on Steemit, and I'm very excited to be a part of this exceptional community. I've spent a couple days reading through various introduction posts, how-to's, and other guides for n00bs to Steemit.
I'm a newly-turned 30-year-old Dad, married to my best friend in 2014. We have a beautiful daughter who's about to turn 2, and another baby due on Christmas day! I have a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering. My favorite food is chocolate, and my number one goal in life is to never truly grow up.
I'm a huge, unabashed fan of all things superhero (mostly marvel) and Harry Potter. I grew up playing baseball and ice hockey. Now that I'm older I stick to softball and ultimate frisbee. I work an 8-6 job at a big company, and I'd love to branch out and do my own thing instead.
***First superhero to attend Hogwartz***
Account Goals: @whatiscrypto
So many goals; I'm going to need help
With @whatiscrypto I hope to accomplish a few things:
- Learn about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and related technologies, and share what I have learned.
- Start "blogging" using Steemit as a focused starting point.
- Write - because it's cathartic, and because I need the practice.
- Get ideas and help from the community to make it a successful endeavor
- Keep up to date with technology (Steemit, Crypto, and anything else I may come across) so my kids aren't treating my like the grandma who "can't find the internet button" by age 8.
I'll write another article or two shortly describing these goals and how I plan to achieve them in more detail. But I wanted to keep this post semi-brief.
I know there are a lot of people in the world, and a lot of people specifically in the #Steemit community who know way more about #crypto than I ever will. I humbly welcome and request that anyone who feels inclined should offer their advice, warnings, insights, and any other useful knowledge so we may all grow as a crypto-enthusiast community.