Packet Meals - Chicken Pasta Bake
Chicken Pasta Bake
I love a good pasta bake. They're simple, and very easy to make from not a whole lot of ingredients. And the jars of sauces for them make them even easier and tend to be pretty reliable. In the salvage box that I brought back from Mum's, I had this one. There's no serve photo as I took it over to my partner's place for dinner and we ate it all. It was however, delicious and well recieved by them.
I'd have a shot of it served up, but this is as close as it got before we devoured it
- 200 grams spiral pasta
- 1 jar Dolmio Pasta Bake (Creamy Tomato & Mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 Broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
- 3 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 2-3 Shortcut Bacon, diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- handful Shredded Parmesan
Another ingredients photo, another with a bunch of missing ingredients
- Prepare all the ingredients
I really could have sliced a bunch of the larger pieces and halved them
Could also have done with ignoring the packet instructions and had 300 instead
Onion and Spring Onion, Chicken, Bacon. All ready to go
- Heat water in a saucepan and cook the Pasta to about 2 minutes under packet instructions.
later on you'll remove and drain the pasta and it will look something like this
- Melt the Oil in the wok
- Add the Chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Don't overcook, as it will get more time in the pan and in the oven to cook through.
Chicken cooking in Coconut oil.
- Remove the Chicken to a bowl
- Add the Onions to the wok and stir fry quickly over high heat
They'll pick up some of the colour from the chicken oil, but don't want too much colour yet
- Add the Bacon and continue stir fry until the bacon appears to be changing colour, and the Onion is browning.
- Add the Broccoli
A bit hard to see the changed colour of the bacon or onion under all that green
- Cook for about 5 minutes to get some heat into the Broccoli
- Add Chicken, and any accumulated juices, back into the wok
Hopefully the green stems of the Broccoli have darkened as part of them starting to cook.
- Stirfry for about 5 minutes to mix everything together and allow the juices to evaporate.
- Pour the contents of the wok into a large bowl with the Pasta
- Add the jar of Sauce to the bowl.
- Put about 1/4 cup water into the jar and reseal.
- Shake well to get all the sauce into the liquid and add to the bowl
- Mix the bowl contents well
A well mixed bowl of pasta, sauce, and other ingredients
- Pour the mixed ingredients into a baking dish. Spray it first so it doesn't stick.
- Sprinkle the top with the Shredded Cheese and Parmesan
Ready to go into the oven
- Let it bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
My little portable oven doing what it's supposed to do
- Let it cool for a little to allow for easier slicing, or just serve it up hot and it will collapse over the plate.
Yup, you don't get to see a single serving as my family ate it all
- I should have used my smaller dish, as it turned out quite shallow in the lasagna dish I inherited
- Or more pasta. The balance between pasta and other ingredients was out. Another 100 grams of pasta could really help bulk it out too.
- As mentioned earlier, smaller broccoli pieces would have been really good too.
Last 10 Packet Meals
Marinades Part 3
Hearty Vegetable and Barley Soup
Marinades Part 2
Beef and Red Wine Casserole
Country Beef Casserole
Marinades Part 1
Creamy Herb and Garlic Potato Bake
Steak, Veggies and Diane Sauce
Upgoats made by the talented @ryivhnn