I bet you never saw real bamboo before...
If you hear bamboo you think of these Cans or glasses where the peeled bamboo is pre-cooked and good to eat...
I have to admit that until I had been invited to a Bamboo Harvest by a friend from Japan I had no clue how these bamboo looked...
Here is some Bamboo we did harvest
Between April and May Bamboo in Japan will come out and you need a big Shovel to get them out of the soil.
I think bamboo is kinda beautiful...
So how to eat these huge babies?
You have to peel them first... and after a while you get the bamboo you actually know from a Can of Bamboo. You than need to cut the Bamboo and cook it for a while. Once they are cooked you need some way to make them tasty so usually in Asia people use fish broth to cook the fresh Bamboo.
I can assure you that the taste of fresh Bamboo is 100% different and so tasty than this Canned or bottled stuff they call Bamboo. If I need a comparision, it is the difference between a Fresh Juice and a Tetra Packed Juice.
Every seen Bamboo in it's raw form before???
I am blogging about the following topics :
- I travel the world (Travel and Restaurant Blog)
- Exposed (Uncovering Stories you need to know)
- Lifehacks (How to save money,etc)
- SPOTTED (Limited Edition Food, Drinks, Gadgets)
- Steemperlen (German Version)
- SQUEEZE (Interview Series)
- COOKED (10 Episodes Cooking Series)
- Working anytime, anywhere (New series for freelancers)
- Frequent Traveller (New series about Travel Hacks and FFPs)
- HEAVEN (NEW Luxury Travel Magazine)
- FARM (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
ABOUT ME: Some insides into my Steemit life