🥕🥕Carrot Cake 🍰 Recipe for Easter
Have you decided what to bake for Easter? If you are still looking for a delicious creamy Easter treat, I present you my zucchini carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I made this pretty cake last year for Easter and I can honestly say it was a huge hit.
Everybody has a favorite carrot cake recipe, I do as well: this moist, soft and spicy carrot cake with hidden zucchini became our favorite. Plus to be a little healthier I used wholemeal flour and brown sugar in this tender dessert.
The cake is the combination of carrot cake and zucchini bread with a pleasing cinnamon flavor. So this cake has two vegetables in it, so basically should we consider it as a salad? :D
This cake has a classic cream cheese frosting and it's garnished with chopped walnuts and shaved carrots. Would you like a slice of this carrot cake?
Carrot Zucchini Cake 🥕🥒🥕🍰
Prep time: 30 mins | Baking time: 35 mins
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
For the frosting:
- 225 g | 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup walnuts
Let's bake this carrot cake!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C | 350°F. Lightly grease 2 baking pans.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil.
- In another bowl mix the together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Stir together the dry ingredients with the egg mixture, fold in the carrots and zucchini. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking thins.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely before frosting.
Prepare the frosting:
- Whisk the butter with the cream cheese until smooth, then add the sugar and vanilla.
- Beat the cream until is perfectly smooth.
- When the cake is cooled, spread half of the frosting on top of one cake, then top it with the other cake.
- Cover the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Garnish the cake with walnuts as you like.
Happy Easter! 🐰
Note: The recipe and pictures are all mine!
Check out my other recipes!
- Pear cake
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Plum dumplings
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting
Find me on social media!
Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram
Copyright © 2018 | Anna - My Zucchini Recipes