Have you ever hung out with a rock star? I haven't either, but I did used to kick back with someone who later became a rock star. One thing about rock stars (at least that I have noticed), they love to make things up. Especially new words. That's right! It doesn't only happen as a result of their unintelligible singing.
Enough with the backstory and on to the moment you've all...okay on with the contest.
What Are The Rules?
There's primary rules and secondary ones. Which do you want to hear first? The primary? Okay you got it! The primary rules are as follows: Upvote this post then enter your new word in the comments.
It's As Easy As That: Except For The New Word Part
And that's where the secondary guidelines (more than rules), come in to play. Find them copied here from the last contest.
There are rules to making up, I mean creating new words.
- You can't use Onomatopoeia.
- Pig Latin is off limits.
- Spoonerisms won't count. Neither should they be uttered here!
- Languages besides English are allowed, though ideas may get lost in frust...translation.
- No vulgarity, suggestion, or attempts at hypnosis of any sort.
- There shall never, ever be any stealing, copying, or plagiarizing of another Steemian's hard thunk words.
- Combining words is acceptable, unless the judges don't like them.
- Creating new words is fun until it isn't, so think hard, but know when to quit.
- (New Rule) Upvoting this post isn't necessary, but just remember who the judge is. He will remember you!
- (New Rule) No bickering among contestants. This hasn't happened yet, but let's not let it start.
- Sometimes, very rarely, new words turn into concepts that become actionable ideas and then make a huge difference in the world. It's okay if that happens here.
Previous Contest Words & Winners
The words are a blast and the winners are, well winners. They are also a little bit wealthier in SBD. So far each contest has seen no more than 2 entries. The judges don't want choose one Steemian over another. That wouldn't be nice at all.
Though the entries have been few, the funny factor has been high. Steemians are taking this opportunity to MAKE UP WORDS for a number of different reasons. There's nothing in the rule.. er...guidelines about that! Ready for a good laugh? Check out the words in the earlier contest posts:
Ready To MAKE UP WORDS? Get Set.......GO!
To help get you started, here are the words from last weeks entries. They should get the creative juices pumping!
- Minnow-it-all. A minnow who gives advice about Steemit like they are a whale. (no shade to any minnow). And they write articles like; How to be a whale on Steemit. How to make your posts go viral. etc. Yet they aren't making any viral posts. @jeanwandimi.
- Wannabit- (noun) One who wishes he was involved in Bitcoin but is not. Example- Jamie Dimon: "Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme. Cryptocurrency is worthless" John: "Don't listen to him, he's just a wannabit who wishes he got in on crypto earlier". @aaronburt.
**All Images Courtesy Of Pixabay.com**
If You're Keen About Blogging, Don't Forget To Check Out The #Steemitbloggers!
Animated Banner Created By @zord189